Obaseki Is A Snail In A Tiger Race – Oshiomole

Forum 3 years ago

Obaseki Is A Snail In A Tiger Race – Oshiomole

Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, former National chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) on Sunday said Governor Godwin Obaseki, candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) poses no threat to his party in the September 19 governorship election in Edo state.

Speaking while featuring on Channels Television programme ‘Sunday Politics’, Oshiomhole described Obaseki as a snail participating in a race involving tigers.

“ How can he be a threat? A man who is not even eligible to contest the election, how can he be a threat? How can be a snail be a threat in a race where tigers are involved?” he asked.

Also speaking on the issue of violence, Oshiomhole who said no life was lost in the elections conducted under his watch as governor of Edo state accused the governor of visiting the Oba of Benin’s palace with thugs armed with dangerous weapons instead of the traditional kolanut and drinks used for prayers as part of the Benin custom“

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/6bc86553732f425ad9c94f1b59c0e857.jpg

He was threatening that he and his deputy are above the law because they have immunity and he will deal with anybody. When he said anybody, he means members of the opposition”.

“I was a governor of that state, I did election in 2012 my second term election in which I won all the 18 local governments and I score 74.6 percent of the total votes cast. Not one life was lost. In his own election which was conducted while I was governor, not one life was lost”.

“The only thing that has changed is who is now the governor. Obaseki went to the Oba of Benin. Rather than go there with kolanut and hot drinks which is the tradition of the rich culture of the Benin kingdom, he didn’t go with that. He went with thugs who were armed with firearms” he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: It’s not over yet – Declan Rice on title race after Arsenal defeat
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: It’s not over yet – Declan Rice on title race after Arsenal defeat

EPL: They’re not out of title race – Gary Neville reacts to Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Villa
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: They’re not out of title race – Gary Neville reacts to Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Villa

EPL: Man City cannot drop points – Guardiola on title race ahead of Luton clash
Forum | 6 days ago

EPL: Man City cannot drop points – Guardiola on title race ahead of Luton clash

Fly Me to the Moon Trailer Previews Channing Tatum, Scarlett Johansson Space Race Comedy Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

Fly Me to the Moon Trailer Previews Channing Tatum, Scarlett Johansson Space Race Comedy Movie