Ghanaian Actress Yvonne Nelson Comes Hard On AMVCA On Twitter

Forum 8 years ago

Ghanaian Actress Yvonne Nelson Comes Hard On AMVCA On Twitter

While other celebrities were spotted at the 2016 Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards red carpet, Ghanaian actress Yvonne Nelson took to Twitter to mock the various movie awards programmes in the continent.

“Most awards in Africa. #whotheycoolwithawards,” she tweeted, adding a laughing emoji. And in another tweet, she completed her statement, “Or peeps they’ll need favors from.”

Nelson’s latest movie, ‘If Tomorrow Never Comes’, which she massively campaigned for last year, did not not make it to the 2016 AMVCA nominee list. And so, hours after her colleagues trooped to this year’s event, she went on Twitter to throw shade.

But she is not the first artiste who have had negative opinions about awards programmes in the continent. Last year, Burna Boy criticised the MTV Africa Music Awards after he didn’t make it to the major nominee list. The reggae-dancehall singer event tweeted at the MTV official handle, querying them on why he was not nominated.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Actress Nancy Isime Sends Message to Late Mother
Forum | 10 hours ago

Actress Nancy Isime Sends Message to Late Mother

I Destroyed My Ex-Boyfriend’s Car For Being Reluctant To Marry Me – BBTitans Star, Yvonne Says
Forum | 1 day ago

I Destroyed My Ex-Boyfriend’s Car For Being Reluctant To Marry Me – BBTitans Star, Yvonne Says

Police Arrest 38-Year-Old Motorcyclist With Gun, Hard Drugs In Delta
Forum | 1 day ago

Police Arrest 38-Year-Old Motorcyclist With Gun, Hard Drugs In Delta

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up
Forum | 4 days ago

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up