"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Photos: ”I Am An African Woman, That Is Why I Use Calabash As Bra " - Yemi Alade

Forum 8 years ago

Photos: ”I Am An African Woman, That Is Why I Use Calabash As Bra " - Yemi Alade

Yemi Alade is known for her Afrocentric style, mainly promoting her fashion style by wearing Ankara prints/African prints ensemble in her music videos and both on and off stage.

In a recent chat with Silverbird TV E-weekly interview, Yemi stated that she does not dress because she is trying to be super sexy.

Of her unique fashion style, she said:

“If you have followed my music, you will see the way I dress, I like being very comfortable and real with my fans. Not that I am trying to be sexy or expose myself, I just dress for myself and pres¬ent myself to my fans the way I am. In reality, the original African woman is almost half-Unclad when she wants to dance.

Remember in the past, when the women come out to dance; they are almost half-Unclad, what am I even say¬ing? Till today, in South Africa, there is this festival they do, where women come out without tops, not even a bra.

The King does not allow the use of bra at all. I am an African woman, that is why when you see me in some videos I use calabash as bra and other times I wear very short things, not because I am trying to be super sexy, I am only presenting myself the way I am to my fans,”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Uche Ogbodo shares sultry photos as she marks 38th birthday
Forum | 3 hours ago

Uche Ogbodo shares sultry photos as she marks 38th birthday

The Woman in the Yard Release Date Set for Danielle Deadwyler-Led Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

The Woman in the Yard Release Date Set for Danielle Deadwyler-Led Movie

Brad Pitt’s Formula One Movie Gets Release Date
Forum | 1 day ago

Brad Pitt’s Formula One Movie Gets Release Date

Back in Action Photos Set Release Date for Cameron Diaz & Jamie Foxx Netflix Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Back in Action Photos Set Release Date for Cameron Diaz & Jamie Foxx Netflix Movie