FA CUP!! Frank Lampard Reveals How He Won Tactical Battle Against Solskjaer

Forum 3 years ago

FA CUP!! Frank Lampard Reveals How He Won Tactical Battle Against Solskjaer

Chelsea manager, Frank Lampard, has admitted Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s tactics played into his hands, following their 3-1 win in the FA Cup semi-final against Manchester United.

Solskjaer sprung a surprise with his team selection, with Marcus Rashford starting upfront along Daniel James. Anthony Martial and Mason Greenwood were left on the bench.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/ec039aa63bda5b73fbcd9f19e30631c7.jpg

Eric Bailly and Brandon Williams also came into the defence, while Fred started ahead of Paul Pogba.

“We played with a system that we haven’t played within a while and I was surprised that they matched us up before (in the Carabao Cup and league meetings in October and February respectively).

“But in the early parts of the game I thought we were on top but when they changed the system I think we played even better. We did everything that I asked of them,” Lampard said at his post-match conference.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Nancy Isime Reveals The Best Gift She Will Give to Anyone She Loves
Forum | 13 hours ago

Nancy Isime Reveals The Best Gift She Will Give to Anyone She Loves

He Had No Sense Of Responsibility, Kogi People Were His Slaves - Former Minister, Frank Nweke Jnr Reacts As EFCC Declares Yahaya Bello Wanted
Forum | 16 hours ago

He Had No Sense Of Responsibility, Kogi People Were His Slaves - Former Minister, Frank Nweke Jnr Reacts As EFCC Declares Yahaya Bello Wanted

Martin Scorsese Hoping to Make Frank Sinatra Biopic With Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence
Forum | 2 days ago

Martin Scorsese Hoping to Make Frank Sinatra Biopic With Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence

One Hundred Years of Solitude Teaser Trailer Reveals Netflix Series Based on Masterpiece Novel
Forum | 2 days ago

One Hundred Years of Solitude Teaser Trailer Reveals Netflix Series Based on Masterpiece Novel