Appeal Courts stays execution of judgment on Rivers APC leadership

Forum 3 years ago

Appeal Courts stays execution of judgment on Rivers APC leadership

A Court of Appeal in Abuja has stayed the execution of the judgement of a Rivers state High Court which affirmed the appointment of Igo Aguma as the caretaker committee chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Rivers state.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/c1aa7ec4213ccbeebeacaad44da5f251.jpg

Arguing in court on Thursday, Abott Ogbobula's lawyer Tuduru Ede (SAN) faulted the court documents served on him by the respondent's lawyer Emeka Etiaba (SAN), informing him about the appeal filed at the Supreme Court.

Ede who insisted that the rules of the Court of Appeal does not allow the filling of verifying affidavit of facts, pleaded with the court to strike out the affidavits filed by the respondents.

Justice Stephen Adah who led the three-man panel that presided over the case, however said the court could not continue with the hearing of the appeal because the first respondent had shown the court that the appeal at the Supreme Court had been entered.

He thereafter adjourned the hearing of the appeal by Ogbobula indefinitely pending the hearing and determination of the appeal at the Supreme Court, and also ordered the stay of the execution of the judgment of the High Court of Rivers State.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Court Again Adjourns Arraignment Of APC Chairman, Ganduje, Wife
Forum | 2 days ago

Court Again Adjourns Arraignment Of APC Chairman, Ganduje, Wife

I Won’t Govern On My Knees, They Want To Destroy Rivers – Fubara Declares
Forum | 4 days ago

I Won’t Govern On My Knees, They Want To Destroy Rivers – Fubara Declares

CJN Ariwoola Promotes Wike’s Wife, 21 Other Judges To Appeal Court
Forum | 1 week ago

CJN Ariwoola Promotes Wike’s Wife, 21 Other Judges To Appeal Court