Kanye West's Co-Writer Rhymefest Quits, Says Rapper Needs Spiritual Help

Forum 8 years ago

Kanye West's Co-Writer Rhymefest Quits, Says Rapper Needs Spiritual Help

Chicago rapper and songwriter Rhymefest, who has co-written with Kanye West over the years, tweeted that he stopped working with West last month and that the rapper needs counseling.

“My brother needs help, in the form of counseling. Spiritual & mental. He should step away from the public & yesmen & heal,” Rhymefest wrote in a series of tweets on Friday (Feb. 12) to fans.

Rhymefest, whose real name is Che Smith, has helped West pen such songs as “Jesus Walks” and “New Slaves.”

Rhymefest went on to tweet that West’s “mind” and “spirit” aren’t right, but didn’t elaborate any further. “I love my brother. I pray for his health not our entertainment", he wrote.

Read Rhymefest's tweets about Kanye West below.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out
Forum | 12 hours ago

I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out

SPORT 29 mins ago Europa League: Tella reacts to Bayer Leverkusen’s draw against West Ham
Forum | 12 hours ago

SPORT 29 mins ago Europa League: Tella reacts to Bayer Leverkusen’s draw against West Ham

21 Savage Only Rapper on TIME’s 100 Most Influential People of 2024 Posted by Thandiubani
Forum | 12 hours ago

21 Savage Only Rapper on TIME’s 100 Most Influential People of 2024 Posted by Thandiubani

Forum | 13 hours ago