I Have Nothing To Prove At Montreal – Former Tottenham Star Wanyama

Forum 3 years ago

I Have Nothing To Prove At Montreal – Former Tottenham Star Wanyama

Montreal Impact midfielder Victor Wanyama has disclosed he is not under any pressure ahead of Thursday’s Major League Soccer (MLS) fixture against New England Revolution.

The Harambee Stars skipper is in line to make his debut appearance in the American top-flight when Montreal Impact play their first competitive match since the suspension of football in the US and Canada due to the coronavirus.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/befea49ac720bf76f862f6e126ab225b.jpg

They are among the 25 teams participating in the MLS is Back Tournament which is a one-off competition to mark the league’s return to action from the Covid-19 pandemic.

Ahead of Thursday’s outing in Florida, Wanyama who joined Thierry Henry’s side as a designated player from Tottenham Hotspur in March said he is going to the field to enjoy himself and help the team without any pressure.

“I’ve nothing to prove. I just want to try and help my team, try and give my best in every game I play and the rest we’ll see where we can be,” Wanyama was quoted as saying by the MLS website.

“I don’t have any pressure or anything. I just want to go out there and enjoy myself, play football, make sure I help my teammates and do my job.”

After several training sessions with his teammates at Montreal, the 29-year-old believes the team is quality and might require little time to adapt.

“I think we have a good young group, technically we have a lot of good players all over the pitch. It’s just a matter of time [before] we all click together and we can surprise many,” the former Southampton midfielder said.

“With the quality we have and the plan the manager has for us, it’s just a matter of time that we master it very quickly and then we shock many.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
BBNaija Star Omashola Explains Why Fake Money Was Sprayed at His Wedding
Forum | 16 hours ago

BBNaija Star Omashola Explains Why Fake Money Was Sprayed at His Wedding

Down Cemetery Road: Emma Thompson and Ruth Wilson to Star in Apple TV+ Thriller
Forum | 1 day ago

Down Cemetery Road: Emma Thompson and Ruth Wilson to Star in Apple TV+ Thriller

Falcon and the Winter Soldier Star Emily VanCamp to Lead Drama Series About Former Sex Worker
Forum | 1 day ago

Falcon and the Winter Soldier Star Emily VanCamp to Lead Drama Series About Former Sex Worker

Queen Rock Montreal Sets Disney+ Streaming Release Date
Forum | 2 days ago

Queen Rock Montreal Sets Disney+ Streaming Release Date