Klopp Concerned By Henderson Injury

Forum 3 years ago

Klopp Concerned By Henderson Injury

Jurgen Klopp is unsure over the severity of the injury Jordan Henderson sustained in Liverpool’s 3-1 win over Brighton .

The Reds’ captain scored his side’s second goal on the south coast on Wednesday, curling a shot beyond goalkeeper Mat Ryan just 127 seconds after Mohamed Salah had put the champions in front early on.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/2d0ca1b5beb5d41f64b387a0630095f4.jpg

However, Henderson was substituted in the 80th minute having seemingly hurt his knee in a challenge and Liverpool will have to wait to discover the full extent of the problem.

“I don’t know [how serious it is], I don’t know, honestly,” Klopp said in his post-match press conference.

“I didn’t see the situation back on the pitch, but I know that it will not be nothing, probably. That’s how it is, but we have to wait. I cannot say more.”

Asked if the England international was on crutches, the German said: “I have had press since the game is over, so I have no idea how he left the dressing room.”

Klopp handed Neco Williams his first league start at left-back but opted to replace him at half-time, bringing on Andy Robertson in his place.

The Liverpool boss explained the decision was due to the teenager being shown a yellow card rather than an issue with his overall performance.

“I know football is like this. When we take a player off after 45 minutes and everyone thinks it’s not good,” he told Sky Sports .

“I don’t care about this. He had a yellow card and the situation was we didn’t protect him well enough on that side.

“I can’t tell him not to make a challenge any more. That’s the only reason [why he was taken off]. I liked a lot how he played.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances

EPL: You’ll never be champions – Klopp slams Liverpool players after Palace defeat
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: You’ll never be champions – Klopp slams Liverpool players after Palace defeat

UCL: Bayern Munich set for big injury boost ahead of Arsenal clash
Forum | 2 weeks ago

UCL: Bayern Munich set for big injury boost ahead of Arsenal clash

EPL: Why we failed to beat Man Utd – Klopp speaks on 2-2 draw
Forum | 2 weeks ago

EPL: Why we failed to beat Man Utd – Klopp speaks on 2-2 draw