Obaseki Receives PDP Certificate Of Return

Forum 3 years ago

Obaseki Receives PDP Certificate Of Return

PDP chairman, Uche Secondus also presented the INEC nomination form to the Edo state governor.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/2f6a0125df2a05f84c181bb25456793a.png

Godwin Obaseki

Godwin Obaseki

The National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Uche Secondus, on Saturday presented the party’s Certificate of Return to the Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki, The PUNCH reports.

He said the party was delighted to have the governor, who he said has seen first-hand, how the system and processes work within the PDP.

Secondus also presented the INEC nomination form to the governor.

In response, Obaseki said, “All that is left for one this afternoon is to tell you how I and my deputy are grateful to this great party.

“In our hours of tribulation when we were pushed out in the raging storm you gave us the umbrella. By the grace of God, victory is going to be ours at the end of the day.

“I want Mr. Chairman to thank my co-aspirants for being gracious enough to take the painful decision to step down after committing so much.”

Obaseki also announced that he was running with his deputy governor, Philip Shuaibu, saying, “You don’t change a winning team.”

Two of his co-aspirants who stepped down, Keneth Imasuagbon and Gideon Ikhine, also attended the event.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
BREAKING: Suspected Terrorists Kill Ruling PDP Secretary In Zamfara State
Forum | 3 days ago

BREAKING: Suspected Terrorists Kill Ruling PDP Secretary In Zamfara State

Velma Season 2 Trailer Previews Return of Mindy Kaling’s Animated Scooby-Doo Series
Forum | 4 days ago

Velma Season 2 Trailer Previews Return of Mindy Kaling’s Animated Scooby-Doo Series

Outer Range Season 2 Trailer Reveals Return of Josh Brolin Sci-Fi Series
Forum | 4 days ago

Outer Range Season 2 Trailer Reveals Return of Josh Brolin Sci-Fi Series

Before 4: Ethan Hawke Would ‘Definitely’ Return If Richard Linklater Wrote New Sequel
Forum | 6 days ago

Before 4: Ethan Hawke Would ‘Definitely’ Return If Richard Linklater Wrote New Sequel