PREMIER LEAGUE!! Jose Mourinho Vows To Be Patient With Kane At Tottenham (See What He Said)

Forum 3 years ago

PREMIER LEAGUE!! Jose Mourinho Vows To Be Patient With Kane At Tottenham (See What He Said)

Jose Mourinho has vowed to be patient with Harry Kane as the Tottenham striker bids to return to his “normal level”.

Kane made his first appearance for Spurs in six months against Manchester United on Friday, taking in a full 90 minutes as the two sides played out a 1-1 draw in north London.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/b7a44f862f803abdc81e0c64dac125f3.jpg

The England international was sidelined with a hamstring injury at the start of January, and was a major doubt for the rest of the season before the coronavirus outbreak stopped play in March.

The 26-year-old used the three-month hiatus to get himself back into peak physical condition, with a view to helping Tottenham fight for a place in the Premier League’s top four.

Kane was criticised for his subdued performance in the stalemate with United, but Mourinho has defended his talismanic forward while promising he will be given all the time he needs to rediscover his best form.

“Harry did amazing,” the Portuguese told Sky Sports . “I don’t think any player being six months without playing football and after an important surgery and after a very difficult period to recover because of the lockdown rules affected a lot the recovering of players, I think nobody could do better than what he did for the team.

“Seven goals in 10 matches [under Mourinho, prior to his injury] would give an average of 14 in 20. An average of 28 in 40. So we are there. But of course, now we have to wait.

“And just because of one game, in a fixture where the majority of the strikers in the Premier League struggle to show that sharpness, to show that quality that they all have, people only turn to Harry. Because Harry is special, because with Harry anything less than scoring a hat-trick is not good enough.

“But I’m not that way. I don’t analyse things that way. I’m very, very patient. He will have all the time he needs to recover to his normal level.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Abia Govt Vows Justice As Protest Rocks Umuahia Over Navy Cadet’s Death In Swimming Pool
Forum | 2 days ago

Abia Govt Vows Justice As Protest Rocks Umuahia Over Navy Cadet’s Death In Swimming Pool

EPL: Frank Onyeka relishes first Premier League goal for Brentford
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Frank Onyeka relishes first Premier League goal for Brentford

Transfer: Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United make Adarabioyo contact
Forum | 4 days ago

Transfer: Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United make Adarabioyo contact

EPL: Brentford boss celebrates Onyeka’s first Premier League goal
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Brentford boss celebrates Onyeka’s first Premier League goal