Solskjaer Will Do An Amazing Job At Man Utd – Irwin

Forum 3 years ago

Solskjaer Will Do An Amazing Job At Man Utd – Irwin

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will “do an amazing job” at Manchester United, says Denis Irwin, with one 1999 Treble winner being backed by another to handle the “incredible” pressure of working at Old Trafford.

Having been a fan favourite in his playing days, a familiar face was returned to the Theatre of Dreams in December 2018.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/e91f9ada7eb8d8bb7e30b51575dc3225.jpg

Jose Mourinho had been ushered through the exits, with Solskjaer initially asked to steady the ship on an interim basis.

The legendary former United defender told ‘The Old Footballers Club’ on Switchbox TV:

“I had six, seven years with Ole and he was very studious. He was very involved in the game.

“It’s a well-known fact that when he was sub he used to take it all in and try to work on a defender’s weaknesses when he went on.

“A highly intelligent man and I think he knows what he wants. I’m not surprised at all that he went into management.

“It was tough taking over Manchester United. He went on an incredible run when he took over and this year is his first year with a pre-season. I think he’s signed some great players, particularly [Bruno] Fernandes in the January window.

“Pre-Christmas I think we were up and down a little bit, but then we went on a run where we have really got ourselves challenging for that European spot. I think Ole will do an amazing job.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi
Forum | 2 hours ago

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 19 hours ago

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race

Monkey Man Digital Release Date Set for Dev Patel Action Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Monkey Man Digital Release Date Set for Dev Patel Action Movie

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK
Forum | 2 days ago

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK