IGP orders probe into rape allegation against D’banj

Forum 3 years ago

IGP orders probe into rape allegation against D’banj

The Inspector-General of Police, IGP Adamu Muhammad, has ordered a probe into the rape allegation against singer D’banj.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/1fb312c7ed558cfa64bb4e2a37a6fe89.jpg

This was after a lady identified as Seyitan Babatayo who had accused the singer of rape was arrested.

Kemifilani also gathered that she was being coerced to recant the allegation. This can be seen in a tweet by the lady which denies she was arrested despite multiple sources confirming otherwise.

In reaction, the IGP ordered a probe through a letter addressed to the Deputy Inspector-General of Police, Force Criminal Investigation Department, Area 10, Garki, Abuja.

The letter written by the IGP is titled, ‘Re: Petition Against (1) Oladapo Daniel Oyebanjo (Aka D’Banj) for Rape Indecent Sexual Assault, Attempted Assault on Miss Seyitan Temidayo.

withdrawing 150k from Union's account

It reads in part,

“I forward herewith a copy of the letter dated June 5, 2020, received from Ojoge, Omileye and Partners on the above-underlined subject. I am to respectfully convey the directive of the Inspector-General of Police that you treat.

“Accept the assurances of my esteemed regards please.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Kogi Senator, Natasha Endorses EFCC’s Probe Of Yahaya Bello On N80.2bn Fraud
Forum | 1 day ago

Kogi Senator, Natasha Endorses EFCC’s Probe Of Yahaya Bello On N80.2bn Fraud

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC
Forum | 6 days ago

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC
Forum | 6 days ago

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC

IGP Withdraws All Policemen Attached to Fleeing Kogi ex-Governor Yahaya Bello
Forum | 1 week ago

IGP Withdraws All Policemen Attached to Fleeing Kogi ex-Governor Yahaya Bello