Bauchi discharges 42 COVID-19 patients

Forum 3 years ago

Bauchi discharges 42 COVID-19 patients

Plateau hospital shut as 17 workers test positive

Bauchi State COVID-19 Response Team has discharged 42 patients, as 131 are undergoing treatment in the state.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/5b4e814eed5d2a6c55b7718b8e279049.jpg

According to the team, a new case was recorded on June 17, 2020 from the 32 samples, taking the number of cases in the state to 431.

“Remember, the number of COVID-19 cases reported by the Nigeria centre for Disease Control (NCDC) are human beings like you. Don’t wait to be a victim before taking action. Take Responsibility today,” the team warned.

Bauchi has so far discharged 289 persons who survived the pandemic.

Meanwhile, a private hospital in Jos, Plateau State has been shut down as 17 staff members, who had contact with COVID-19 patient, test positive for the virus, just as one patient passed on.

The Commissioner for Health Dr. Nimkong Lar, who disclosed this to newsmen yesterday in Jos, said two patients were admitted at the hospital for different ailments, but later discovered to be COVID-19 carriers.

“Of the two patients, one died. The hospital has been closed down for safety of the public. As of today, 198 cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed in Plateau while 113 have been discharged. The state has so far recorded five deaths and 29 infected workers,” he said.

However, the management of the hospital stated that a COVID-19 patient, who absconded from a hospital in the state, was admitted for an undisclosed illness.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Forum | 2 weeks ago

Three Arrested As Bauchi Police Smash Syndicate That Threatens To Kidnap People If They Fail To Pay Ransom
Forum | 1 month ago

Three Arrested As Bauchi Police Smash Syndicate That Threatens To Kidnap People If They Fail To Pay Ransom

Bauchi State Scholarship Board announces scholarship registration for 2023/2024
Forum | 1 month ago

Bauchi State Scholarship Board announces scholarship registration for 2023/2024