COVID-19 forces Bauchi to slash budget by N39b

Forum 3 years ago

COVID-19 forces Bauchi to slash budget by N39b

We realised N58.6m from palliative fund-raiser, says Emir of

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/1cbdfd17316f03d19a2fdcb4e373c2e6.jpg

Threatened by coronavirus disease (COVID-19), Bauchi State Government has slashed its 2020 budget by N39 billion, Commissioner for Budget and Economic Planning, Aminu Gamawa, has said.

While addressing journalists after the State Executive Council meeting yesterday, he said the reviewed document would be sent to the House of Assembly for deliberation and passage.

He said: “The governor has set up a committee to advise him on the economic implications of COVID-19. After deliberation at the executive, His Excellency directed that our medium term expenditure framework, which includes our multi-year budget documents, should be revised to meet economic realities.”

According to him, projects that are important as induced by COVID-19 have been added – particularly in sectors like health, education, agriculture and empowerment.“For instance, we have purchased some tricycles to cushion the hardship caused by the motorcycle ban,” Gamawa explained.

MEANWHILE, the Emir of Ilorin, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari has disclosed that the economic palliative committee he set up during the lockdown in Ilorin Emirate generated N58.6 million.

Sulu-Gambari, while thanking all the donors to the purse, said it was necessary for the public to know the amount received and how it was spent. The Ilorin Emirate Palliative Fund was chaired by the Danmasani of Ilorin, Suleiman Alapansanpa.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals
Forum | 2 days ago

Forum | 3 days ago

Joint Security Forces Clear Criminal Hideouts In Anambra, Recover Nine Explosive Devices, Others
Forum | 1 week ago

Joint Security Forces Clear Criminal Hideouts In Anambra, Recover Nine Explosive Devices, Others

How I Plan On Spending FCT
Forum | 2 weeks ago

How I Plan On Spending FCT's N1.28 Trillion Statutory Budget - Wike