Abiodun, Sofola mourn Senator Bayo Osinowo

Forum 3 years ago

Abiodun, Sofola mourn Senator Bayo Osinowo

Ogun State Governor Dapo Abiodun yesterday expressed sadness over the death of Senator Sikiru Adebayo Osinowo, saying that the lawmaker’s passing was a “shared pain and mutual loss,” not only to the family but also to Ogun and Lagos states in particular and Nigeria in general.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/ea121a464ec5123647505dfffc166c6a.jpg

In his condolence letter, Abiodun said he received the sad news of the death of Osinowo with a deep pain and grief that words are insufficient to capture. He said that Osinowo’s demise terminates the companionship of a loving husband, the affection of a caring father, a source of generous giving that underpins the lives and living of so many people, or even a beacon of hope of a better tomorrow for yet many others.

Meanwhile, the Lagos State Chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC), yesterday, lamented the demise of Osinowo. The state Chairman of the party, Alhaji Tunde Balogun, while commiserating with the party’s National Leader, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, people of Lagos East and APC supporters over the irreparable loss, said the senator would be sorely missed.

He said: “Osinowo was a man of the people and a dependable stalwart held in esteem; colourful, sagacious, hardworking, goal oriented, and a grassroots mobiliser.”Also, the Executive Chairman of Kosofe Local Council, Afolabi Babatunde Sofola, has described the late Osinowo as a giant and great political leader.

According to him, “the news of untimely death of our distinguished senator is a big blow to me. I am yet to come to terms with the brutal fact that Senator Adebayo Osinowo is no more.”His sudden departure from this sinful realm has thrown hundreds of us into untold agony, tears, pains and gloom.

“A big unfathomable vacuum has been created that will take our party (APC) years to fill. I have not fully recovered from the shock on hearing of the passing away of my boss, leader and mentor who contributed immensely to my political successes and accomplishments. His death is a big loss to me, the entire people of Kosofe Local Council and Lagos East Senatorial District.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Senator Austin Akobundu Foundation Educational Scholarship
Forum | 1 week ago

Senator Austin Akobundu Foundation Educational Scholarship

President Bola Tinubu’s Aide, Bayo Onanuga Deletes His Tweet After Shipping Giant, Maersk, Denied Plans of Investing $600m
Forum | 1 week ago

President Bola Tinubu’s Aide, Bayo Onanuga Deletes His Tweet After Shipping Giant, Maersk, Denied Plans of Investing $600m

Senator Ayogu Eze Is Dead
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Senator Ayogu Eze Is Dead

PDP Senator Urhoghide Decamps To APC
Forum | 1 month ago

PDP Senator Urhoghide Decamps To APC