We’ll Continue To Fight Those Hellbent On Short-Changing Edo People – Governor Obaseki Assures

Forum 3 years ago

We’ll Continue To Fight Those Hellbent On Short-Changing Edo People – Governor Obaseki Assures

Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki, has vowed that his government will continue to fight off those bent on short-changing the people.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/8f0fd46c99bcdc657432dde964481d6d.jpg

This was contained in his Democracy Day address on Friday.

The governor said Nigerians must continue to thrive and live better and fulfilling lives.

Obaseki noted that celebrating June 12 in honour of late M. K. O. Abiola, was a show of appreciation for the sacrifices that had continued to define Nigeria’s democratic experience.

He said the drive to sustain democracy must be expressed through continuous dialogue “as we seek for solutions to our developmental challenges and chart new courses of progress with determination and unwavering zest.”

Obaseki noted that democracy had allowed active participation of everyone in the society in choosing leaders to articulate and advance national development.

He assured that in Edo government at all levels will continue to extend the democratic dividend to the greatest majority of the people.

Obaseki said the lessons learnt from democracy have “continue to strengthen our resolve to fight off those who are hellbent on mortgaging our patrimony and short-changing the majority of our people for the benefit of a handful of persons”.

He urged Edo people, ”Nigerians and friends of our dear country” to continue to support efforts to make the people the major stakeholders and benefactors in the process of governance.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I’m Only Artist Who Stops People From Spraying Me – Seun Kuti
Forum | 9 hours ago

I’m Only Artist Who Stops People From Spraying Me – Seun Kuti

Philip Shaibu Excluded As INEC Releases Final List Of Candidates For Edo Guber Election
Forum | 11 hours ago

Philip Shaibu Excluded As INEC Releases Final List Of Candidates For Edo Guber Election

Boy Kills World: Bill Skarsgård Engages in a Gun Fight in New Clip
Forum | 20 hours ago

Boy Kills World: Bill Skarsgård Engages in a Gun Fight in New Clip

When Naira Went Haywire And Some People Were Celebrating, Inwardly We Were Laughing At Them - Shettima Says
Forum | 1 day ago

When Naira Went Haywire And Some People Were Celebrating, Inwardly We Were Laughing At Them - Shettima Says