I Was Racially Abused In Bulgaria – Solomon-Otabor

Forum 3 years ago

I Was Racially Abused In Bulgaria – Solomon-Otabor

Super Eagles forward, Viv Solomon-Otabor, said he was racially abused thrice while playing for CSKA Sofia in the Bulgarian top division.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/802a3a5abc5db71edd21e37db06b81d0.jpg

The Bulgarian league restarted on Saturday but Viv Solomon-Otabor was not a part of the team as the financial impact of coronavirus at CSKA Sofia ensured that the 24-year-old — one of their top earners — had to leave.

The former Birmingham forward, who is back in England awaiting a fresh start when the transfer window reopens, said the experience was heartbreaking.

“I was racially abused three times during matches. It’s heartbreaking. You think, why? You can’t comprehend why someone wants to tear you down because of the colour of your skin,” Solomon-Otabor told Sportsmail.

“My family told me to stop reading those comments,’ he says. ‘Block, delete, and move on. It’s easy saying that though, isn’t it? You keep looking. Why did they say that?

“They’d always find something to abuse you over. It’s wrong. I trained myself to stop reading them. I was clicking on the same message three or four times. The more you look, the more it upsets you.

“The club were supportive. The president called me into his office and said, ‘They’re stupid people, don’t worry, we’ve got it under control.’ My teammates were the same. There was action taken, fines. It’s not enough but at least they showed there was care,”
he added.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
A Christian Couple Shouldn’t Be Watching P0rn To Learn S*x, That’s Infidelity - Solomon Buchi
Forum | 1 week ago

A Christian Couple Shouldn’t Be Watching P0rn To Learn S*x, That’s Infidelity - Solomon Buchi

It Is Sacrilegious And Disrespectful to Catholics - Solomon Buchi Slams Rihanna
Forum | 3 weeks ago

It Is Sacrilegious And Disrespectful to Catholics - Solomon Buchi Slams Rihanna's Seductive Nun Shoot

Why Is Bayo Onanuga, Reno Omokri, Daniel Bwala Only Attacking Peter Obi? Was He The Only One Who Challenged Tinubu In The 2023 Elections - Solomon Dalung Asks
Forum | 1 month ago

Why Is Bayo Onanuga, Reno Omokri, Daniel Bwala Only Attacking Peter Obi? Was He The Only One Who Challenged Tinubu In The 2023 Elections - Solomon Dalung Asks

Domestic Violence Survivor Reveals How She Reacted When She Heard Her First Husband Who Abused Her Has Died
Forum | 1 month ago

Domestic Violence Survivor Reveals How She Reacted When She Heard Her First Husband Who Abused Her Has Died