I Will Live Like A King After Retirement, Not Coaching – C. Ronaldo

Forum 8 years ago

I Will Live Like A King After Retirement, Not Coaching – C. Ronaldo

The current FIFA World Best Player and being believed to be one of the greatest ever in the game of football.

However, 30-year-old Cristiano Ronaldo has said he would like to take a clean break from football when the time to retire as a player eventually comes.

The Real Madrid star has broken many of the records in world football, including finishing as the leading goal scorer in the 2015 calendar year, with 57 goals, but says he would like to enjoy the fruits of his labour and would not like to become a coach or a club president after his playing career.

“There is another life after football,” he told Papel. “I think at first it (not playing football) will be tough, but if you ask me now if I want to coach, I would say no. Neither (would I want to be) a club director nor a president.

He added: “You can say you have the best job, money, cars, houses… but that is not everything.

“One example: On Saturday there’s boxing on in Las Vegas and I would like to take my family and friends, but I can’t because I have no time.
But after (retiring as a player) I want to live like a king.”

The Portugal international is in the final shortlist of three, alongside Barcelona’s duo of Lionel Messi and Neymar, for the 2015 FIFA Ballon D’Or award to be announced this January.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Grosse Pointe Garden Society Cast Adds Aja Naomi King to NBC Murder Drama
Forum | 1 day ago

Grosse Pointe Garden Society Cast Adds Aja Naomi King to NBC Murder Drama

The Life of Chuck: Mike Flanagan, David Dastmalchian Offer Updates on Stephen King Horror Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

The Life of Chuck: Mike Flanagan, David Dastmalchian Offer Updates on Stephen King Horror Movie

Arthur the King Blu-ray & Digital Release Dates Set for Mark Wahlberg Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Arthur the King Blu-ray & Digital Release Dates Set for Mark Wahlberg Movie

I’m Not Fighting With My Successor Like Other Ex-Governors – Dave Umahi
Forum | 3 days ago

I’m Not Fighting With My Successor Like Other Ex-Governors – Dave Umahi