Lockdown: Kaduna Has Not Reopened Markets, Places Of Worship – Gov. El-rufa

Forum 3 years ago

Lockdown: Kaduna Has Not Reopened Markets, Places Of Worship – Gov. El-rufa

The Kaduna State Government said that it has not reopened markets or places of worship.

Recall that the public places were closed in March 2020 as the state stepped-up COVID-19 prevention efforts.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/93f5619edb97a56ad5947243ac5fe33d.png

Muyiwa Adekeye, Special Adviser to the Governor on Media & Communication in a statement said that the state government has started engagements with business leaders, and began receiving recommendations from some religious leaders on the subject of safe re-opening of places of worship.

“However, these consultations have not been concluded,” the statement warned.

According to the statement, as announced last week, relevant government agencies would engage the business, community, and religious leaders to discuss and agree on the protocols for the safe opening of businesses and market, and resumption of congregational worship.

The statement explained,

“Until these consultations result in a formal announcement authorizing businesses, markets and places of worship to reopen, it will be a violation of subsisting Quarantine Orders to reopen any unauthorised facility, market or places of worship or to conduct congregational worship of any sort.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Gov Uzodimma Appoints 16 Special Advisers
Forum | 1 day ago

Gov Uzodimma Appoints 16 Special Advisers

Kaduna: El-Rufai’s Ally, Aisha Galadima Released, Accuses DSS of Assault, Harassment
Forum | 2 days ago

Kaduna: El-Rufai’s Ally, Aisha Galadima Released, Accuses DSS of Assault, Harassment

People Inciting Me to Probe Gov Yusuf – Kano Anti-graft Agency Chair
Forum | 2 days ago

Forum | 2 days ago