I Can’t Breathe!! UK Joins George Floyd Protests As Thousands Protest In London

Forum 3 years ago

I Can’t Breathe!! UK Joins George Floyd Protests As Thousands Protest In London

Thousands of Black Lives Matter protesters marched across central London on Sunday to protest against the killing of George Floyd, an unarmed black man by police in the US.

Protesters gathered in Trafalgar Square could be heard chanting ‘I can’t breathe’, while holding up signs saying “Justice for George Floyd”, who died in police custody while a white officer, Derek Chauvin, knelt on his neck to pin him down.

In a video of the arrest of Mr Floyd, he could be heard begging, “I can’t breathe” last Monday in Minneapolis, before he died while being restrained.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/0175a776adead2d490bfeb6e0a27a1f1.jpg

The protests have been held at Trafalgar Square and outside the US Embassy in Battersea, south London, chanting “say his name: George Floyd” and “no justice, no peace, no racist police”.

They also held up placards saying “racism has no place”, and “I can’t breathe”.

Black Lives Matter said:

“We are doing this to place pressure on the American government and show that this is a world wide issue.”

The Met Police said officers were present and were engaging with those in attendance.

Hundreds of people marched through Peckham in south London on Saturday in protest against police brutality.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Dr. Odyssey Cast: Don Johnson Joins ABC’s Newest Medical Drama
Forum | 5 hours ago

Dr. Odyssey Cast: Don Johnson Joins ABC’s Newest Medical Drama

BBNaija’s Mike Edwards Joins Professional Boxing, Anticipates Debut
Forum | 22 hours ago

BBNaija’s Mike Edwards Joins Professional Boxing, Anticipates Debut

Wicked Cast: Peter Dinklage Joins 2-Part Musical Fantasy Movie
Forum | 4 days ago

Wicked Cast: Peter Dinklage Joins 2-Part Musical Fantasy Movie