‘We Have To Fight For Justice’ – Sancho Speaks After George Floyd Tribute

Forum 3 years ago

‘We Have To Fight For Justice’ – Sancho Speaks After George Floyd Tribute

Jadon Sancho described his first professional hat-trick as a “bittersweet moment” as the Borussia Dortmund star paid tribute to George Floyd.

England international Sancho scored a hat-trick in Dortmund’s 6-1 hammering of Paderborn on Sunday, becoming the youngest player to reach 30 Bundesliga goals.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/79e4dc3a58ba240f314a40dec2ae6dbb.jpg

In celebrating his first strike, the 20-year-old revealed a t-shirt bearing the words ‘justice for George Floyd’ in memory of the man who died in police custody in America on Monday.

Sancho, who was booked for removing his playing jersey, took to Twitter to describe his emotions, writing:

“First professional hat trick. A bittersweet moment personally as there are more important things going on in the world today that we must address and help make a change.

“We have to come together as one & fight for justice. We are stronger together! #JusticeForGeorgeFloyd.”

Sancho was not the only player in the German top flight to make reference to George Floyd, with Borussia Monchengladbach’s Marcus Thuram taking a knee to mark his goal against Union Berlin.

His coach Marco Rose said the 22-year-old had “set an example against racism”. Dortmund boss Lucien Favre claimed he “didn’t see” Sancho’s t-shirt.

“After the game, I heard about him celebrating a goal like that. There was something on a t-shirt,” Favre said.

“What can I say? I don’t know why he did that. I didn’t see it. I can’t judge it.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Anti-Party: APC Speaks On Suspending El-Rufai
Forum | 2 days ago

Anti-Party: APC Speaks On Suspending El-Rufai

Abia Govt Vows Justice As Protest Rocks Umuahia Over Navy Cadet’s Death In Swimming Pool
Forum | 2 days ago

Abia Govt Vows Justice As Protest Rocks Umuahia Over Navy Cadet’s Death In Swimming Pool

Transfer: Expert speaks on Ronaldo leaving Al Nassr
Forum | 6 days ago

Transfer: Expert speaks on Ronaldo leaving Al Nassr

Alaqua Cox Talks Potential Echo Season 2, Wants To Fight Iconic Spider-Man Villain
Forum | 1 week ago

Alaqua Cox Talks Potential Echo Season 2, Wants To Fight Iconic Spider-Man Villain