Lockdown: 875 People Commits Suicide

Forum 3 years ago

Lockdown: 875 People Commits Suicide

Nepal says 875 people have committed suicide during the COVID-19 lockdown period.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/025e34c5a4a31ab61d00c3d204d9fa33.jpg

The country has been under lockdown since March 24, Xinhua reported on Tuesday.

Data compiled by the Nepal Police shows that suicide cases in the country increased by 16 percent in the first month.

“The suicide cases have been recorded as of May 16,’’ said Police spokesperson, Niraj Bahadur Shahi.

482 suicide cases were filed during mid-March to mid-April in police stations across the country, against 414 cases for the period between mid-February and mid-March.

38 people took their own lives in the Kathmandu valley alone.

742, the highest number, died by hanging themselves, followed by 114 people who committed suicide by consuming poison.

They were found to have used burning, stabbing, drowning, jumping from heights ways of attempting suicide.

Psychiatrists have linked the deaths with mental health of the people who were forced to stay indoor during lockdown.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Commotion As 16 People Are Feared Killed By Terrorist Bomb In Borno
Forum | 19 hours ago

Commotion As 16 People Are Feared Killed By Terrorist Bomb In Borno

I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out
Forum | 19 hours ago

I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out

21 Savage Only Rapper on TIME’s 100 Most Influential People of 2024 Posted by Thandiubani
Forum | 20 hours ago

21 Savage Only Rapper on TIME’s 100 Most Influential People of 2024 Posted by Thandiubani

He Had No Sense Of Responsibility, Kogi People Were His Slaves - Former Minister, Frank Nweke Jnr Reacts As EFCC Declares Yahaya Bello Wanted
Forum | 23 hours ago

He Had No Sense Of Responsibility, Kogi People Were His Slaves - Former Minister, Frank Nweke Jnr Reacts As EFCC Declares Yahaya Bello Wanted