Smalling Says He Has No Regret Leaving Man United (FULL STORY)

Forum 3 years ago

Smalling Says He Has No Regret Leaving Man United (FULL STORY)

Chris Smalling has no regrets at having left his “comfort zone” at Manchester United, with the 30-year-old happy to have bucked the trend for English talent and taken in a spell at Roma.

A season-long loan switch for the experienced defender was sanctioned during the summer of 2019.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/18b1077621df8757179ba71149bf6a78.jpg

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer had been keen on keeping a seasoned performer within his squad at Old Trafford, but Smalling was slipping down the pecking order.

He told The Times:

“Some English players have gone abroad but not many. It was a challenge that I wanted to take. I’m someone who definitely lives by not having any regrets.

“I like new things maybe out of my comfort zone and show people that anything is possible.”

Smalling has taken in 28 outings for Roma across all competitions, with the Italian giants eager to put a permanent deal in place during the next window.

No discussions have been held there as yet, with Serie A clubs waiting on a return to action amid the coronavirus pandemic.

They are returning to training, but Smalling can appreciate that some may be wary of stepping back into the fold against a backdrop of serious health concerns.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Manchester United set to offload two players, eyeing £100m
Forum | 2 days ago

Transfer: Manchester United set to offload two players, eyeing £100m

EPL: Ten Hag could leave Man Utd for Bayern Munich
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Ten Hag could leave Man Utd for Bayern Munich

EPL: SuperComputer predicts title winners after Arsenal, Man City victories
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: SuperComputer predicts title winners after Arsenal, Man City victories