Premier League Season Can End In 5 Weeks – Paul Scholes

Forum 3 years ago

Premier League Season Can End In 5 Weeks – Paul Scholes

Former Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes is optimistic the domestic season can be completed within five weeks and says ‘machine-like’ Premier League players only need two weeks to get fit.

Top-level football in England has been suspended since March due to the coronavirus pandemic, but with lockdown measures now easing, professional sport has been given the green light to return behind closed doors from June 1.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/5760fe6511479b3a326caefc00fe5b52.jpg

Scholes believes we should look to get the Premier League season back up and running as soon as possible, and thinks action could resume as soon as June 10, but is concerned European competitions will be difficult to complete.

Speaking on The Netball Show on Sky Sports News, Scholes said:

“People are trying to stick to guidelines and the guidelines are that there’ll be no professional football until June 1.

“So I think if we are going to stick to the guidelines we should try and get as close to that as we possibly can.

“Players these days are so fit – they are like machines half of them – so I think they only need two weeks of full training to get back in to it and hopefully by June 10, 11 or 12, they should be ready to go.

“I think domestically, we can get the league done, the FA Cup done. I think it is going to be very difficult for European competition with the Champions League and Europa League. I think it’s going to be difficult to get that done.

“But, I think domestically, we can get the season done in five or six weeks, have a break and then get into next season as well.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Boys Season 4 Trailer Sets Return for Prime Video Superhero Series
Forum | 27 mins ago

The Boys Season 4 Trailer Sets Return for Prime Video Superhero Series

Night Court Season 3 Set for NBC Comedy Series
Forum | 28 mins ago

Night Court Season 3 Set for NBC Comedy Series

What We Do in the Shadows Final Season Officially Wraps Production
Forum | 29 mins ago

What We Do in the Shadows Final Season Officially Wraps Production