Kachikwu Speaks On Abba Kyari’s Death

Forum 4 years ago

Kachikwu Speaks On Abba Kyari’s Death

The Former Minister of State for Petroleum, Ibe Kachikwu, has reportedly spoken after a long silence since leaving office in May 2019. Kachikwu revealed that he had always been with the late Chief of Staff to the President, Abba Kyari while he was in the hospital.

He said, “Whilst on this COVID-19 pandemic, nothing brought home more frighteningly the loss that Nigeria has suffered and may continue to suffer to this plague, than the death of Abba.” He added that he “reached out to him often while he was in hospital, and did not see the end coming.”

He urged the presidency to take aggresive steps in order to combat the corona virus in the country as it is bringing a collapse in different sector of the nation.

“There is a lot to worry about, and a lot of urgency needs to be given to the tasks needed to save this sector. If you followed me in my twilight years in office, you will remember my famous ‘URGENCY OF NOW’ clarion call and the speed with which I raced to seek solutions for this sector as though time was running out!”

“Time is truly running out. I know that those at the helm of affairs in this sector, both public and private, are doing a lot to stabilise it.”

“Nigeria needs to go back to the drawing board to figure out the right approach to this sector. It cannot be business as usual anymore and some of the new bold decisions being taken reflect this. However, the time has come to be Bullish, or the sector will collapse.”

“I will stop here… for now… and until next time, I will say again a big ‘Thank You’ to all Nigerians.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Court sentences 3 to death by hanging for armed robbery in Ekiti
Forum | 2 days ago

Court sentences 3 to death by hanging for armed robbery in Ekiti

EPL: We helped them – Wolves manager O’Neil speaks on 5-1 defeat to Man City
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: We helped them – Wolves manager O’Neil speaks on 5-1 defeat to Man City

Hugh Jackman & Jodie Comer to Headline The Death of Robin Hood Movie
Forum | 4 days ago

Hugh Jackman & Jodie Comer to Headline The Death of Robin Hood Movie