Is Reports Of 100 Mysterious Deaths In Jigawa Fake News? See What Hadejia LG Chairman Revealed

Forum 4 years ago

Is Reports Of 100 Mysterious Deaths In Jigawa Fake News? See What Hadejia LG Chairman Revealed

Hadejia Local Government Council Chairman has reacted to reports of 100 mysterious deaths in the area.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/e6262116d8132eeb51ca4e709e83fe74.jpeg

Alhaji Abdullahi Maikanti, Chairman, Hadejia Local Government Council in Jigawa, has described as ‘fake’, media reports claiming that 100 persons recently died of a mysterious illness in the area.

Maikanti, while reacting to the reports, said that “only three deaths were recorded within the period in question”.

Media reports had claimed that 100 persons died of a mysterious illness in the area within 10 days.

Maikanti, while disputing the claims, said that the reports were “baseless and unfounded”.

“I am aware of only three deaths within the period; one of the deceased was my friend.

“The three deaths in our records took natural patterns like what we have witnessed over the years. I don’t think there is anything different,” he said on Tuesday in Hadeija.

The chairman, however, said that he had summoned a meeting with councillors to take a second inventory of deaths recorded recently.

“Details of the meeting will be made public thereafter. We won’t hide anything,” he said.

Efforts to reach Dr Abba Zakari, the Commissioner for Health, who is also the Chairman, Jigawa COVID 19 Task Force, for his reaction to the issue, proved abortive as messages sent to him kept bouncing back.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I Get Paid ₦7000 To Fake Deliverance With Pastor - Woman
Forum | 6 days ago

I Get Paid ₦7000 To Fake Deliverance With Pastor - Woman

The Girl in the Trunk Digital Release Date Revealed for Claustrophobic Thriller Movie
Forum | 6 days ago

The Girl in the Trunk Digital Release Date Revealed for Claustrophobic Thriller Movie

Davido Reacts After Nkechi Blessing Revealed Reason Behind His Beef With Wizkid
Forum | 1 week ago

Davido Reacts After Nkechi Blessing Revealed Reason Behind His Beef With Wizkid

Trap: New Poster, Original Song Revealed for M. Night Shyamalan Thriller
Forum | 1 week ago

Trap: New Poster, Original Song Revealed for M. Night Shyamalan Thriller