Goat, Pawpaw Test Positive For Coronavirus, President Orders Probe On COVID-19 Test Kits

Forum 3 years ago

Goat, Pawpaw Test Positive For Coronavirus, President Orders Probe On COVID-19 Test Kits

People have been left in a state of shock after goat and pawpaw tested positive for coronavirus.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/659892e9da02f02655a6ad392f78b6c9.jpg

President John Magufuli of Tanzania has ordered a probe on the country's COVID-19 test kits after goat and pawpaw tested positive for coronavirus.

President Magufuli while speaking at an event in Chato in the northwest of Tanzania, revealed that the COVID-19 testing kits which had been imported from abroad had “technical errors”.

Magufuli said he had instructed Tanzanian security forces to check the quality of the kits, who then randomly obtained several non-human samples, including from a pawpaw, a goat, and a sheep, but had assigned them human names and ages.

According to him, these samples were then submitted to Tanzania’s laboratory to test for the coronavirus, with the lab technicians left deliberately unaware of their origins

President Magufuli later disclosed that samples from the pawpaw and the goat tested positive for COVID-19, adding it was likely that some people were being tested positive when in fact they were not infected by the Coronavirus.

“We extracted a sample from a goat which turned positive. This tells you that something is not adding up,” he stated.

“Are we now supposed to quarantine goats and fruits?” President Magufuli questioned.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 1 day ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)

Movie Producers Suspend Adanma Luke, Begin Probe of Junior Pope’s Death
Forum | 1 day ago

Movie Producers Suspend Adanma Luke, Begin Probe of Junior Pope’s Death

People Inciting Me to Probe Gov Yusuf – Kano Anti-graft Agency Chair
Forum | 2 days ago

Forum | 2 days ago