Disable Ad-blockers, "Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Aljazeera Journalists Arrested by Nigerian Army To Proceed With CourtCase Despite Release

Forum 9 years ago

Aljazeera Journalists Arrested by Nigerian Army To Proceed With CourtCase Despite Release

Two Al Jazeera journalists who were arrested by the Nigerian Army in Borno State are set to proceed with legal action despite being released.

Ahmed Idris and Ali Mustapha were released from custody on Sunday, April 5, 2015, after being apprehended on March 24.

The journalists had filed a case, through their lawyer,Femi Falana, against the Army for a breach of their fundamental human rights.
[ads4]
“I am in touch with my clients – the journalists and the management of Al Jazeera – they thanked Nigeriansfor their support and they have instructed me to go to court to ask for damages,”Mr Falana said.

Falana also stated that the journalists’ unlawful detention warrants a public apology from the military.

The newsmen, who were covering the army’s war against Boko Haram, were arrested on charges of loitering.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Firebrand Trailer Sets Release Date for Alicia Vikander & Jude Law Historical Drama
Forum | 3 days ago

Firebrand Trailer Sets Release Date for Alicia Vikander & Jude Law Historical Drama

Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths Part Three Digital & Blu-ray Release Date Set
Forum | 4 days ago

Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths Part Three Digital & Blu-ray Release Date Set

Angry Birds Mystery Island Trailer Sets Release Date for Prime Video Series
Forum | 4 days ago

Angry Birds Mystery Island Trailer Sets Release Date for Prime Video Series

The Outlaws Season 3 Trailer Confirms Prime Video Release Date
Forum | 4 days ago

The Outlaws Season 3 Trailer Confirms Prime Video Release Date