I Won’t Discriminate Against Any Tribe – Ambode

Forum 9 years ago

I Won’t Discriminate Against Any Tribe – Ambode

The governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress in Lagos State, Akinwunmi Ambode, has said he will not discriminate against any tribe if he is voted into office.

Ambode said this less than a day after the Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, reportedly threatened to place a curses on those who would not vote for Ambode on Saturday.

The governorship candidate said this while receiving 20 buses from a groip, Nigeria Progressive Ambassadors, in Lagos, according to a statement on Monday.
[ads4]
He said, “Every group in Lagos is safe in my hands as governor. I will not discriminate against any religious or ethnic group. It is our Lagos and we must build it together.”

Ambode added, “In my acceptance speech after the primaries, I made this note that I will be a governor for all and Lagos is safe in my hands.
I want to build on the foundation of unity, peace, progress and development la!d by my predecessor.

“I am your best choice for a Lagos that must continue to thrive. And though tongue and tribe may differ we stand in brotherhood in Lagos from the smallest ethnic groups to the major ones. We are all stakeholders.”

Speaking through the group’s General Secretary, Miss Vuakpor Ojo, the group, which is made of young persons, said it “strongly believe in the future of Lagos” and the country as a whole.

Ojo said, “We are a body of forward-thinking Nigerians, who are ready to partner with people, who have the ability to give an enabling future to this state and sustain its excellence.

“You are one of us, and this donation of 20 buses depicts our commitment to the cause to make a detribalised leader like you, who understands the cosmopolitan nature of Lagos, govern the state starting from May 29.“

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Joker Who Has Never Won An Election – Jimoh Ibrahim Slams Ondo Governor
Forum | 6 days ago

Joker Who Has Never Won An Election – Jimoh Ibrahim Slams Ondo Governor

Economic Hardship: No Religion, Tribe or Political Party Buys Food Cheaper – Peter Obi
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Economic Hardship: No Religion, Tribe or Political Party Buys Food Cheaper – Peter Obi

He Showed His True Colour After We Won Election For Him – Wike Slams Fubara
Forum | 3 weeks ago

He Showed His True Colour After We Won Election For Him – Wike Slams Fubara

I Won Hands Down – Bobrisky Speaks On Best Dressed Female Award
Forum | 3 weeks ago

I Won Hands Down – Bobrisky Speaks On Best Dressed Female Award