Workers day: Your jobs are secured, FG tells Nigeria workers

Forum 4 years ago

Workers day: Your jobs are secured, FG tells Nigeria workers

The Federal Government has assured Nigeria workers of job security as they celebrate the workers day.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/1268f7f2fe53d5f0791756c8c397cb20.jpeg

The Covid-19 pandemic has threatened the jobs of many Nigerians thereby rendering many unemployed.

In a statement released by the Minister of Labour and Productivity, Dr. Chris Ngige, he said the country is aware of threat to jobs posed by the virus but the FG will do all within its reach to protect jobs.

Ngige said: “It is well known fact that arising from the Covid-19 crisis, businesses in both the private and public sectors have suffered. Sustainability of the enterprise has become a subject of concern. The worries precipitated by the COVID -19 crisis are further compounded by worries of maintaining a source of livelihood.

“In this regard, the government and special partners would have a look at the four – pillar plan of policy responses to Covid-19 crisis laid out by the ILO, which are intended to be human – centered and built on global solidarity.”

“All relevant factors of the nation’s workforce will be identified, analysed and solidified to ensure job retention and the continued realisation of the decent work agenda.

“In doing this, we will be guided by the labour standard as benchmarks for social and employment protection at this time of vulnerabilities.

“Along this line, talks are currently ongoing between the Presidential Economic Sustainability Council and Employers on job protection and even creation at this time and progressively to post Covid -19 crisis.” he added.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Davido’s fans lament having to defend him every day amid beef with Abuja barber
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido’s fans lament having to defend him every day amid beef with Abuja barber

Oba Elegushi Tells His Second Wife As They Celebrate 5th Wedding Anniversary
Forum | 2 days ago

Oba Elegushi Tells His Second Wife As They Celebrate 5th Wedding Anniversary

Nigerian Actors, Yinka Quadri And Ogogo Finally Reconcile, ‘Hug It Out’ After Feuding For Years
Forum | 3 days ago

Nigerian Actors, Yinka Quadri And Ogogo Finally Reconcile, ‘Hug It Out’ After Feuding For Years

‘My dad is from Nigeria, always tells me about culture, food’ – Germany’s Jamal Musiala
Forum | 3 days ago

‘My dad is from Nigeria, always tells me about culture, food’ – Germany’s Jamal Musiala