"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Tony Cascarino insists deals like Harry Kane moving to Manchester United for £200m simply won’t happen due to coronavirus pandemic

Forum 4 years ago

Tony Cascarino insists deals like Harry Kane moving to Manchester United for £200m simply won’t happen due to coronavirus pandemic

Tony Cascarino thinks big-money transfers will be a thing of the past following Ed Woodward’s comments about Manchester United’s summer plans.

The Red Devils’ executive vice-chairman said it will not be ‘business as normal’ in the summer and that current transfer rumours – one which has seen Tottenham striker Harry Kane linked with a £200m move to Old Trafford – ‘ignore the realities that face sport’.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/bc6657a0db70456d235afc02afa1d96c.jpeg

We still do not know when, and if, the 2019/20 season will be completed and when the transfer window will open, while the coronavirus pandemic has seen plenty of uncertainty over the financial future of clubs.

Cascarino told the Weekend Sports Breakfast that world-record deals, such as recent ones involving Neymar and Philippe Coutinho, have no chance of happening this summer.

He said: “I think Ed Woodward will realise that it has a golden opportunity to still make big money and there will be players available for cheaper rates than they would have been.

“I think that’s obvious because there is a European market and they will have been affected but I also feel he knows he cannot go, and wouldn’t want to, be spending i.e. £200million on Harry Kane.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/a9a54eb446be1fbf4e08e629df498ac2.jpeg

“Those deals aren’t going to happen. I think they might have happened before the pandemic. There could have been a plus £100million deal.

“I think that Neymar deal or Coutinho I think that was a bit of a one off moment I didn’t really fell that would be consistent so it is slightly different anyway. United are in a very powerful position with the finance and muscle they’ve already got.”

Cascarino also does not believe some of the reports that suggest big-name stars will be available for such cheap sums in the summer.

He thinks it will be reflective of the financial situations clubs face.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Rio Ferdinand lists ‘only 3 successful Man United signings’ in 10 years
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Rio Ferdinand lists ‘only 3 successful Man United signings’ in 10 years

EPL: ‘He’s lazy’ – Rooney blasts Man United midfielder
Forum | 6 days ago

EPL: ‘He’s lazy’ – Rooney blasts Man United midfielder

EPL: Thomas Partey ‘very lucky’ against Man United – Rooney
Forum | 6 days ago

EPL: Thomas Partey ‘very lucky’ against Man United – Rooney