Kidnapped Edo Commissioner Regains Freedom

Forum 4 years ago

Kidnapped Edo Commissioner Regains Freedom

The Commissioner for Science and Technology in Edo state, Emmanuel Agbale who was kidnapped has been released by his abductors.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/21ff3b94ceecb71bb4f36677e01c7468.jpg

Emmanuel Agbale

Emmanuel Agbale, Edo State's Commissioner for Science and Technology who was kidnapped last week has regained his freedom.

Publicity Secretary of Benin branch of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), Douglas Ogbankwa confirmed the development.

He told The Nation;

“Barr. Emmanuel Agbale has been released. I spoke with his wife, Mrs. Paula Agbale, who confirmed her husband’s release and she expressed her gratitude to friends and well wishers for their prayers and support.

“As an association, we are not happy with the kidnap of Barr. Agbale. We will not hesitate to resume our boycott of courts, if the kidnap of lawyers in Edo State continues.”

The Edo Commissioner was released after a ransom was paid, but the exact amount paid was unclear at the time of filing this report. Agbale has already been taken for medical checkup at an undisclosed hospital.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday
Forum | 18 hours ago

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday

Philip Shaibu Excluded As INEC Releases Final List Of Candidates For Edo Guber Election
Forum | 1 day ago

Philip Shaibu Excluded As INEC Releases Final List Of Candidates For Edo Guber Election

Kidnapped RCCG Pastor Regains Freedom
Forum | 2 days ago

Kidnapped RCCG Pastor Regains Freedom

Drama As Ondo Sports Commissioner ‘Assaults’ NAN Journalist During APC Primary
Forum | 3 days ago

Drama As Ondo Sports Commissioner ‘Assaults’ NAN Journalist During APC Primary