Cinematographer, Unlimited L.A Gots Robbed In New York

Forum 8 years ago

Cinematographer, Unlimited L.A Gots Robbed In New York

About a week ago, award winning Nigerian cinematographer Olalekan Buari otherwise called Unlimited LA was robbed in New York right inside his hotel room.

He was lodged at the Marriot Hotels in New York shortly after he won the ‘Best Director’ award at the 2015 NEA (Nigerian Entertainment Awards) that held in New York.

Recounting the ordeal exclusively to NET, Unlimited LA, said, ‘My bags mysteriously disappeared from my hotel room, and it contained my Mac book pro Laptop, two 2terrabite Hard drives, $4,500 (about 1m), cash, camera, lenses, clothes, jewelry and
my international passport’.

Asked if the hotel management or NEA organizers did anything to help him, he said, ‘Nobody did anything for me o, they were just saying sorry sorry’.

With the loss of his computer and hard drives, we asked if he lost any unreleased music videos on the hard drives, and he said, ‘Yes, I lost a lot of materials, but the good thing is I had back ups for all the files so it’s fine’.

He however appreciates the efforts of Siki Musa and Vicky Ebhohimen of the consular general’s office who helped him secure emergency travel documents from the 17th precinct police in New York to return home.

Unlimited L.A is back in the country now and he’s in the process of re-applying for a new international passport.

In his career, Unlimited LA has shot music videos for top Nigerian acts like Olamide, Don Jazzy, Wizkid, and others.
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Grotesquerie: Travis Kelce Joins New Ryan Murphy Horror Series
Forum | 1 hour ago

Grotesquerie: Travis Kelce Joins New Ryan Murphy Horror Series

FCE Zaria final schedule for 2023/2024 screening and orientation of new degree students
Forum | 7 hours ago

FCE Zaria final schedule for 2023/2024 screening and orientation of new degree students

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Sets Digital, 4K, and Blu-ray Release Dates
Forum | 19 hours ago

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Sets Digital, 4K, and Blu-ray Release Dates

Spider Thriller Arachnid Is First Film Under New Genre Label Badlands
Forum | 19 hours ago

Spider Thriller Arachnid Is First Film Under New Genre Label Badlands