Comparing Me To Top Artists Is Uncalled For – Rema

Forum 4 years ago

Comparing Me To Top Artists Is Uncalled For – Rema

Nigerian fast-rising youngster, Rema has revealed that people comparing him to other successful artists is not worth it and it’s unnecessary.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/44eb2e91f7ff5c8c239d7bea6c6d3de9.jpg

Rema made this known via his official Twitter handle, where he added that afrobeat should rather be celebrated for how popular it has become not the other way round.

In his words;

“My win is YOUR win, Afrobeat is a movement & we need all the support we can get. The comparisons between me & my heroes are unnecessary, let’s stop bringing down our own. Let’s celebrate where Afrobeat is at today and focus on where it will be tomorrow, God bless you all.”

My win is YOUR win, Afrobeat is a movement & we need all the support we can get. The comparisons between me & my heroes are unnecessary, let’s stop bringing down our own. Let’s celebrate where Afrobeat is at today and focus on where it will be tomorrow, God bless you all.

— REMA (@heisrema) April 12, 2020

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Tems Opened Doors Of Global Recognition For African Female Artists – Tyla
Forum | 1 day ago

Tems Opened Doors Of Global Recognition For African Female Artists – Tyla

Davido Reveals Fate Of Peruzzi, Other DMW Artists As He Launches New Record Label
Forum | 2 days ago

Davido Reveals Fate Of Peruzzi, Other DMW Artists As He Launches New Record Label

Comparing My Music to Adekunle Gold’s ‘Somewhat Shallow’ – Simi
Forum | 1 week ago

Comparing My Music to Adekunle Gold’s ‘Somewhat Shallow’ – Simi

Rema And Asake Set New Afrobeats Records
Forum | 1 week ago

Rema And Asake Set New Afrobeats Records