Why I Find It Hard To Live My Real Life– Actress Funke Akindele Reveals

Forum 8 years ago

Why I Find It Hard To Live My Real Life– Actress Funke Akindele Reveals

Nollywood actress, Funke Akindele, popularly known as ‘Jenifa’ from a role she played in one of her self-produced movies, has disclosed that she has not been able to exterminate her comic roles from her real life because she usually gets deep into the roles. She disclosed this during an interview with E-247.

The comic actress said that it takes her several months to separate herself from her comic roles but in the case of ‘Jenifa’, it has been difficult because her fans always wants to see ‘Jenifa’ and not Funke.

In her words; “Well, it’s beginning to affect me now, though it wasn’t like that before because it used to be just a movie.

“When you give me a script for a role in a movie, I get into it and it takes me like three months to get out of it; it’s that bad because I go really deep into it.

“For example, it took me about six months to get out of character in ‘Maami,’ and for ‘Omo Ghetto,’ it took me almost a year to get out of it. For Jenifa, it’s been difficult and no thanks to my fans who always want to see the Jenifa character and not Funke.”
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
EPL: Rio Ferdinand reveals ‘only’ way Sancho will return to Manchester United from Dortmund
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Rio Ferdinand reveals ‘only’ way Sancho will return to Manchester United from Dortmund

UCL: They’ve dangerous players – Ferdinand predicts winner of Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich
Forum | 1 day ago

UCL: They’ve dangerous players – Ferdinand predicts winner of Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Defenders are afraid of him: Pundit reveals why Messi is succeeding at MLS
Forum | 1 day ago

Defenders are afraid of him: Pundit reveals why Messi is succeeding at MLS

The Idea of You Author Reveals if Harry Styles Served as Inspiration
Forum | 1 day ago

The Idea of You Author Reveals if Harry Styles Served as Inspiration