The Billions donated by private individuals to fight COVID-19 is not coming to the government – FG clarifies

Forum 4 years ago

The Billions donated by private individuals to fight COVID-19 is not coming to the government – FG clarifies

The Federal government has come out to clarified what the billions of naira donated by private individuals is being used for.

According to the FG, the money donated by private individuals towards the fight against Coronavirus pandemic, is not coming to the coffers of the government.

At the daily briefing by the Presidential Taskforce on COVID-19 in Abuja on Thursday, April 2nd, the National Coordinator of the taskforce, Dr Sani Aliyu, was asked to enlighten Nigerians on who accounts for the billions individuals and corporate organizations have donated towards the fight against COVID-19 and this is what he had to say

The private sector has a seperate fund which is run through the Coalition Against Coronavirus Disease. That’s where you get most of the announcements that this person has given a billion and this is a separate account. It has nothing to do with government and the money will not come to government. We appreciate the help of the private sector in helping us and they will be providing us with commodity but the money they are currently collecting will not come to government. It is a separate bank account” he said

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I
Forum | 3 days ago

I'm Coming For You - Odumeje Sends Strong Message To Poco Lee

Wike: You’ve Dug Your Pits by Disrespecting Me – Fubara to Local Government Chairmen
Forum | 6 days ago

Wike: You’ve Dug Your Pits by Disrespecting Me – Fubara to Local Government Chairmen

Bwala Knocks Peter Obi Over Quality Of Boreholes Donated To Northern Communities
Forum | 1 week ago

Bwala Knocks Peter Obi Over Quality Of Boreholes Donated To Northern Communities

Alaqua Cox Talks Potential Echo Season 2, Wants To Fight Iconic Spider-Man Villain
Forum | 1 week ago

Alaqua Cox Talks Potential Echo Season 2, Wants To Fight Iconic Spider-Man Villain