I thought I was going to die, contemplated succession plan, says coronavirus survivor

Forum 4 years ago

I thought I was going to die, contemplated succession plan, says coronavirus survivor

Executive Director, @StandtoEndRape, Oluwaseun Ayodeji Osowobi has recounted her experience in isolation centre while battling with coronavirus in Nigeria.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/181c49aaff535004b11c60cf53eca6da.jpg

Oluwaseun who was among the five patients discharged by the Lagos State government encourages all Nigerians to live a healthy lifestyle.

Oluwaseun in series of tweets said;

“Life finds ways of throwing LEMON at me. I’ve struggled w/ coming forward, but I want to inspire hope. I returned to Nigeria from the UK post-Commonwealth event (I totally enjoyed) & fell ill. As a responsible person, I self-isolated.

“Days after, I TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID-19.

The next days were tough. No appetite. Nausea, vomit & stooling was unbearable. I’m a blood type A & #COVID19 dealt w/ me.

“I thought I was going to die & contemplated a succession plan for @StandtoEndRape. I was on drugs daily. Sometimes, I‘d take 8 tablets in the morning, 13 tablets in the afternoon, 10 at night. My system threw everything out! Water, food, soap & all disgusted me. But I’d look at the wall & force myself to stay hydrated — drank ORS. I

FOUGHT TO LIVE! I FOUGHT!!

“To every young person out there, please give your lungs a chance to beat this. Can I encourage you to stop smoking & live a healthy life at this time? A healthy lungs is KEY!

“@NCDCgov & State Governments need to improve their testing capacity. Test mild/asymptomatic cases too. Sending strength to everyone who is fighting to beat #COVID19. ??

“Some stigmatised me based on article on national dailies with subtle messages like “why did she come back to Nigeria?”Face with tears of joy. Nigeria is my home. ??‍♀️. Coronavirus is NOT a death sentence. People can survive and I HAVE!

“I continued the medication and asked to be in a separate ward. Sadly, I remained in the same ward as all others rooms were full. My ward had people who were positive. What if I get re-infected?

“For them, I was a beacon of hope & they needed me gone to register the progress.

“…You’ll stay a few more days. You know we take nose, mouth & sputum samples. Am I still positive Flushed face?” I asked.

“No, you’re negative,” the Doctor replied.

“The Doctor apologised for the delay. I was anxious to go home but remained calm. I wanted to be free from this pain. I was unsure of what was going on. Why haven’t I been discharged? Should I be in the same ward? Could I get reinfected? I was worried but remained calm.

“On the 3rd day, Doctors said, “well, we worked w/ the info we had of you testing negative, but one result came back positive.”

“Days after, the Doctors shared good news that I tested negative. I shared this news w/ family & friends! My blood sample was taken & I also tried to donate my plasmapheresis to help others. I hoped to be discharged.

“I waited to be discharged, but for two days, nothing happened.

“This another phase of my life & I HAVE won! I celebrate my resilience and strength. Call me SURVIVAYO. I encourage people to get tested & stop the stigma. Practise social distancing and stop the spread.

Today, I am PROUD to inform you that I MURDERED COVID-19 & have tested NEGATIVE TWICE! I HAVE BEEN DISCHARGED!??‍♂️

I bless God for His mercies.??

The nurses at IDH Yaba were fab. They deserve accolades for their hardwork.

Thank you Governor 
@jidesanwoolu
 for coming to see me.??

— Oluwaseun Ayodeji Osowobi (@AyodejiOsowobi) 
March 30, 2020

Vanguard Nigeria News

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Family Kicks, Accuses Lagos Hospital Of Negligence, Incompetence As Mother, Son Die During Childbirth
Forum | 2 days ago

Family Kicks, Accuses Lagos Hospital Of Negligence, Incompetence As Mother, Son Die During Childbirth

The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants Director Says ‘There Will Be Nudity’ in Animated Movie
Forum | 4 days ago

The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants Director Says ‘There Will Be Nudity’ in Animated Movie

Fear Women - Nigerian Man Says As he Declares Girlfriend Wanted For Stealing
Forum | 5 days ago

Fear Women - Nigerian Man Says As he Declares Girlfriend Wanted For Stealing

Jnr Pope’s Wife Reportedly On Medical Care After Going Unconscious
Forum | 6 days ago

Jnr Pope’s Wife Reportedly On Medical Care After Going Unconscious