I Don't Have Close Friends In Nollywood - Omotola Jalade Speaks Out

Forum 8 years ago

I Don't Have Close Friends In Nollywood - Omotola Jalade Speaks Out

Many movie fans might be shocked to learn that, although she is quite popular among her colleagues, star actress Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde has no friend in Nollywood. The actress revealed this much about her relationship with her fellow thespians in a new interview with entertainment reporter Chux Ohai. She said:

“I don’t have close friends in Nollywood. Everybody is my colleague. Maybe it is because I live very far way from so many people in the industry. Secondly, I’m not very good at visiting people. I don’t have that kind of luxury.

Omotola also counted herself as fortunate to have been married at a young age. And with a hint of sympathy for upwardly mobile Nigerian women who are still unable to walk down the aisle, especially some of her fellow female artistes, explained the reason why they are finding it difficult to get married.

“If I hadn’t been married earlier, I probably would not be by now. I don’t know if any other man would have been able to handle me the way my husband has done. It is not because I am a bad person. I am actually a very strong woman.

“At a point, you might become so confused and wonder if any man will ever love you for who you are. But, if you are not a very grounded person, you too can contribute to your own problems. I consider myself to be lucky to remain married.”

Asked if she had ever considered the fact that her daughter, who is now 18, could get married any time and she would end up becoming a grandmother before her 40th birthday, Omotola replied,

“I don’t care much about it. I don’t even want to think about that because I got married early. What I always tell people is that all fingers are not equal. The fact that I got married early does not mean that my own child will get married early. My mother didn’t marry early. So it is not hereditary. But if my daughter wants to get married early and I like the guy and If I see that he is responsible enough, why not?”

Most people might be wrong to assume that the stunning pretty actress live in highbrow areas in Lagos, such as the Lekki Peninsular. But she lives in a simple neighbourhood in the lowly Iyana-Oba area of the metropolis and she is proud of it.

Revealing a lot more about her private life, she said:

“I love where I live and I like the way I live. I come out to do my work and go back to my wonderful mansion. I am a cry-baby. I still cry a lot over the most unlikely subjects and for silly reasons.”

Two months ago, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde was at the centre of a gathering storm on social media, after she posted a message on her Twitter page, allegedly criticising those trekking long distances in honour of some leading politicians in the country and addressing them as “silly youths trekking their future away”.

The tweet had gone viral on the internet and Omotola had immediately found herself at the receiving end of criticism from many users of the social media who felt she had no business meddling in other people’s affairs.

Also recalling the episode, Omotola defended her comment by reminding her critics that it was her business, after all, to worry about the trekkers, since their actions were in the public domain.

She said:
“It is not that I am against trekking. My point is that people should either do something for nothing or they do it for fun. Although some people have said it is not my business, I’m now saying that it is my business. For crying out loud,
if I say that I am trekking to go and celebrate, maybe a boko haramperson, everybody will pounce on me. They will see it as immoral, considering the fact that many innocent
Nigerians have lost their lives to the activities of the group.”

Like most other artistes, Omotola hardly sees her own movies and her dream role in a movie– the kind of role that she had always looked forward to having – is to act the part of a super heroine.

“I have always wanted to be a super heroine. I need one desperately,” she said.
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Anti-Party: APC Speaks On Suspending El-Rufai
Forum | 2 days ago

Anti-Party: APC Speaks On Suspending El-Rufai

We Are Just Friends - American Woman Seen In Cosy Picture With Davido Clarifies
Forum | 3 days ago

We Are Just Friends - American Woman Seen In Cosy Picture With Davido Clarifies

Transfer: Expert speaks on Ronaldo leaving Al Nassr
Forum | 6 days ago

Transfer: Expert speaks on Ronaldo leaving Al Nassr

The Fear Of Being Mocked Kept Me Silent – Nollywood Actor, Jamiu Azeez, Opens Op On Battle With Depression
Forum | 1 week ago

The Fear Of Being Mocked Kept Me Silent – Nollywood Actor, Jamiu Azeez, Opens Op On Battle With Depression