If You Have Long And False Nails, You Are More Likely To Catch Coronavirus

Forum 4 years ago

If You Have Long And False Nails, You Are More Likely To Catch Coronavirus

Experts have warned that people who have long and false nails are at more risk of contracting coronavirus.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/10faaf30219952e8ed37e70f6d8d0e9c.jpg

British beauty and aesthetics expert at Bijoux Medispa in Belgravial, Dr Elisabeth Dancey revealed this to DailyMail.

“Long nails, nail varnish and nail extensions have always been a no-no for anybody who needs spotlessly clean hands; nurses, doctors, therapists, cooks, mothers and carers.”

“Germs such as bacteria, fungi and viruses (including the Coronavirus) can harbour underneath the nail space and easily be transmitted to whatever you touch. Put simply, you cannot see the dirt that lies beneath.”

“Doctors know this and rigorously scrub under their nails before donning gloves and performing surgery; with a sterile nail brush and sanitising solution. We should now follow their example.”

GP and former orthopaedic surgeon Dr Chike Emeagi, Medical Director of Hampstead Aesthetics Clinic and Dr Chike Clinics, said that the ideal length was just above the nail tissue, explaining:

“It is advisable to cut your nails as short as possible as they harbour infection.”

The CDC actually recommends that hospitals don’t allow their employees to have long nails or artificial nails, because germs can live underneath them even after hand washing or applying sanitizer. So, while you may normally love longer nails, it’s more important than ever to make sure you’re cleaning them well.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
‘I’ve never experienced heartbreak, we must marry before I catch feelings” – Lizzy Gold says
Forum | 1 week ago

‘I’ve never experienced heartbreak, we must marry before I catch feelings” – Lizzy Gold says

Fed College of Education, Pankshin affiliate UNIJOS Long Vacation Part-Time form - 2024
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Fed College of Education, Pankshin affiliate UNIJOS Long Vacation Part-Time form - 2024

I’m Gonna Be on Y’all Faces For a Very Long While – Saskay’s Boyfriend Reacts to Cheating Allegations
Forum | 4 weeks ago

I’m Gonna Be on Y’all Faces For a Very Long While – Saskay’s Boyfriend Reacts to Cheating Allegations

Shame Catch Me Today – BBNaija Star Uriel Laments Over The Cost of Living in Nigeria
Forum | 1 month ago

Shame Catch Me Today – BBNaija Star Uriel Laments Over The Cost of Living in Nigeria