CJN Tanko Muhammed swears in a new Acting President for Court of Appeal

Forum 4 years ago

CJN Tanko Muhammed swears in a new Acting President for Court of Appeal

The Chief Justice of Nigeria, Tanko Muhammed had sworn-in Justice Monica Dongban-Mensem as Acting President for the Court of Appeal.

This happened after the retirement of the former president of the court, Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa after she reached the mandatory retirement age of 70.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/ccce146616146089a36291ddbb689922.jpg

At the event, the CJN urged Justice Monica to discharge her duties deligently adding that it was her hardwork and discipline that got her the position.

In his statement, the Chief Justice hailed Justice Monica as a seasoned judicial officer who has been doing her job satisfactorily well saying it is because of her hardwork, character and attitude that the National Judicial Council thought it wise to uplift her as Acting President, Court of Appeal. Then he further urged her to continue with her charisma, both attitude and ability to carry out all her duties.

After the swearing in, the governor of Plateau State, Gov Simon Lalong expresses confidence in the justice system with the new appointment.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 1 day ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)

PDP NWC Backs Damagum As Acting National Chairman
Forum | 1 day ago

PDP NWC Backs Damagum As Acting National Chairman

Riz Ahmed Joins Cast of New Wes Anderson Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Riz Ahmed Joins Cast of New Wes Anderson Movie

Heavy Security As Court Rules On Bail Of Governor Adeleke’s Ally, Oyeyemi
Forum | 2 days ago

Heavy Security As Court Rules On Bail Of Governor Adeleke’s Ally, Oyeyemi