How Amaechi Was Allegedly Disenfranchised

Forum 9 years ago

How Amaechi Was Allegedly Disenfranchised

Saturday, the gov of Rivers state who doubles as the Campaign Director of his Party, the All Progressives Congress (APC) was allegedly shot out of the voting process at his Ubima community in Ikwerre local government area, Rivers following the disappearance of the result sheet meant for his unit.

The governor who arrived his unit at about 10am met an empty booth. When he revisited the unit that is in his father’s compound the corps member has arrived with the electoral materials.
When the gov request for the materials for the work he was allegedly told by the corps members that there is no result sheet yet, on this note the gov disbanded pending the arrival of the missing sensitive material.

Amaechi, who drove himself in BMW jeep, turned and drove towards his family compound in Ubima but was stopped by a troop led by a senior army Commander in the state.
[ads4]
A minor argument ensued between the gov and the commander over the legality of Amaechi moving around with a convoy while election is going on.

Amaechi informing the army boss the challenges voters were facing in the area noted that as the gov of the state, he has the right legally to ensure elections are conducted.

“Brigade Commander, why are you mounting two road blocks near my father’s compound?” Amaechi asked.

“Are you being sent by the President to kill me? I had told the world that President Jonathan is trying to kill me and I am saying it again.”

The commander denied being given any instruction to kill anybody and asked the governor to go back to his home and stop moving about.

“His Excellency, we have instructions not to allow people who are not duly accredited to move around during the election,”

At this point, Amaechi jumped back into his car off immediately back to Port Harcourt. This incident brought uproar among the teaming supporters of the Gov. in his home town.

Meanwhile, Vanguard gathered from a reliable source at the INEC office who pleaded anonymity alleged that the original result sheets and other material were given to all the SPOs.

The source also alleged that the material given to the SPOs before the police DPO in charge of the LGA and other party agents from the political parties were original.

He bem0aned the complains of fake result sheets and lack of the same material in some units.

“I will tell you the gospel truth, the SPOs took all the material for the election. We have heard all the complains but no formal complain has been made on that”.

Sunday, the election could not also hold as rescheduled to hold in unit were it was not concluded on, Saturday.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Man Arrested For Allegedly Abducting 10-year-old Girl And Hiding Her Inside Fridge
Forum | 6 days ago

Man Arrested For Allegedly Abducting 10-year-old Girl And Hiding Her Inside Fridge

Secondary School Student Allegedly Commits Suicide Over Unwanted Pregnancy
Forum | 1 week ago

Secondary School Student Allegedly Commits Suicide Over Unwanted Pregnancy

Man Arrested For Allegedly Trying To Smuggle Drugs Into Kano Prison
Forum | 1 week ago

Man Arrested For Allegedly Trying To Smuggle Drugs Into Kano Prison

Edo Police Arrest Cultists Who Allegedly Killed Man In Daughter’s Presence
Forum | 1 week ago

Edo Police Arrest Cultists Who Allegedly Killed Man In Daughter’s Presence