Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Heads To South Africa As She Joins ONE Campaign

Forum 9 years ago

Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Heads To South Africa As She Joins ONE Campaign

Super famous actress and TV reality star, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde is going to South Africa soon for the ONE Campaign and a new campaign to promote women empowerment.

In a press statement released by Klick Promotions, Omotola will be in South Africa from 27th April, 2015, to participate in a music thriller, accompanying a campaign song that will be performed by top African female singers including Omawumi (Nigeria), Judith Sephuma (South Africa) and Victoria Kimani (Kenya).

The song will be co-produced by Cobhams Asuquo and Masterkraft, the biggest producers in Nigeria now.

According to the press release Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde said this about her new role, “I am fortunate to be a young woman living her dreams, a trailblazer of my generation. But I also recognize that many women and girls are not so fortunate. Women and girls are hit hardest by the effects of extreme poverty, but when we invest in women and girls, we increase and accelerate the chances of overcoming extreme poverty – for everyone. That is why I have joined the ONE Campaign’s Poverty is Sexist Campaign, and I call on the public to join me by signing the petition on www.one.org/sexist.”

The campaign is tagged Poverty is Sexist, meaning that women and girls are most seriously affected by poverty. And in order to eradicate extreme poverty, there is a serious need to promote women empowerment. ‘Poverty is Sexist’ was conceived to support the ‘Africa Union Year of Women Empowerment’.

The campaign was launched on Thursday 16 April by the ONE Campaign in Abuja, Nigeria, at a policy forum that was attended by representatives of the National Association of Nigerian Traders (NANTS), Equity Advocates and Save the Children Nigeria among others.

The song will be used to promote the campaign across the world, and will be officially launched in Nigeria, Mozambique, and South Africa, during the World Economic Forum for Africa and the African Union Summit.

[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
He Bled Neon: Rita Ora Joins Jack O’Connell and Joe Cole in Action Thriller
Forum | 9 hours ago

He Bled Neon: Rita Ora Joins Jack O’Connell and Joe Cole in Action Thriller

Wolf Man: Matilda Firth Joins Cast of Universal Horror Movie
Forum | 4 days ago

Wolf Man: Matilda Firth Joins Cast of Universal Horror Movie

Your Friends & Neighbors: Eunice Bae Joins Cast of Jon Hamm-Led Apple Series
Forum | 5 days ago