Odion Ighalo: My Mother Used To Hawk Pure Water

Forum 4 years ago 1

Odion Ighalo: My Mother Used To Hawk Pure Water

Odion was born and brought up in a poor Nigerian family setting. 

https://res.feednews.com/assets/v2/7ccfdb6d66210af00eb758e2a04ba78f?quality=uhq&resize=720

Anyone who made it out of slum should be appreciated and respected!, Ighalo is one.

In his words:

“Back then in Ajegunle, it was difficult to live, difficult to eat and that is why I thank God. My parents didn’t always have what we wanted or needed, we had to struggle,” 

His father was unemployed but his mother, Martina Ighalo, owned a petty shop where she sells drinks and provisions. She used to carry her wares and rush to hawk ‘pure water’ so that her son, Odion Ighalo can play football. She’ll save some money to buy football boots for her son while his dad goes opposite to pays his transport money to go school. There was indeed, a clash.

https://res.feednews.com/assets/v2/88fd20586426680cb0305e242c9fe431?quality=uhq&resize=720

Ighalo’s father disagreed about his son’s desire to become a footballer. While his mum supported his quest, His dad wanted him to go to school and study because it was safer than being in the open field. Pa Paul Ighalo’s case was well built because of the gunshots in the streets on Ajegunle and the rifts between 'Agbero'.

He concluded, “My mum stood beside me and protected him from my dad who would spank him for leaving school to play football".

Dreams do come true!

Kindly share this article to acknowledge Ighalo's Mother..

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up
Forum | 10 hours ago

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up

How My 15-Month-Old Baby Was Burnt To Death — Bereaved Mother Says
Forum | 1 week ago

How My 15-Month-Old Baby Was Burnt To Death — Bereaved Mother Says

Nothing Must Happen To Me, My Grandson, And Mohbad’s Wife - Mohbad’s Mother Cries Out
Forum | 1 week ago

Nothing Must Happen To Me, My Grandson, And Mohbad’s Wife - Mohbad’s Mother Cries Out

Mother Of Sound Engineer, Precious, Who Died Alongside Jnr Pope Calls On Gov Fubara
Forum | 1 week ago

Mother Of Sound Engineer, Precious, Who Died Alongside Jnr Pope Calls On Gov Fubara