Mikel pays tribute to Chelsea @ 110

Forum 9 years ago

Mikel pays tribute to Chelsea @ 110

Nigeria midefielder, John Obi Mikel, has paid tribute to Chelsea Football Club as it celebrates 110th anniversary.

Mikel, who joined Chelsea in 2006 after his exploits at the Under-20 World Cup in Holland, hailed the supporters of the club for their commitment and support over the years.

‘I have always appreciated the Chelsea fans, they’ve been amazing. They’re always there to support the team week in, week out, which just shows how brilliant they are,” the 2013 AFCON champion said in a special publication on the club’s website titled “Quote Unquote: 11 decades of Chelsea”.
[ads4]
He also praised managers and players he has worked with at the club, stressing that he has enjoyed every bit of his time at Chelsea
‘It’s been an amazing journey. I’ve enjoyed every bit of it. I’ve worked with some great people, great players from when I came to the ones that are here now. They’ve all been brilliant,’

Mikel, who parade a Premier League medal as well as UEFA Champions League and Europa League trophies, is nursing an injury and will not play a part in the second leg of UCL Round of 16 second leg Champions League clash against Paris Saint-Germain at Stamford Bridge.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Young Sheldon Stars Share Tribute as Series Wraps Final Episode
Forum | 2 days ago

Young Sheldon Stars Share Tribute as Series Wraps Final Episode

EPL: 11 Chelsea players miss training ahead of Everton clash
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: 11 Chelsea players miss training ahead of Everton clash

UCL: They have collective mechanisms – Mikel Arteta names offensive team
Forum | 1 week ago

UCL: They have collective mechanisms – Mikel Arteta names offensive team

EPL: He’s only one I can think of – Jason Cundy hails Chelsea star after 2-2 draw
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: He’s only one I can think of – Jason Cundy hails Chelsea star after 2-2 draw