No big deal going to Niger by road - Amuneke

Forum 9 years ago

No big deal going to Niger by road - Amuneke

Golden Eaglets coach, Emmanuel Amuneke has said that he is unperturbed about how they travelled to Niger, but is only concerned about how his team fares. The Nigerian U17’s arrived Niamey, the capital city of Niger for the CAF U17 Championship on Thursday by road from Sokoto State, a development which drew the ire of so many Nigerians, especially the Sports Writers Association of Nigeria (SWAN), given the security challenges and the volatile nature of that region.
But Amuneke says he isn’t concentrating too much on their mode of travel, but is paying more attention to the performance of his team.“I really am not thinking too much about how we got to Niger, my concern is about my team and how we fare in this tournament. “I know some people were not happy with the way we travelled but I have always said the most important thing is for us to do well in Niger.

“I have already told my players they must forget every other thing and concentrate solely on having a good show because they will receive the rewards if we win the tournament,”
[ads4]
Amuneke said. The Nigerians are in group A of the competition, and will play hosts Niger, Guinea and Zambia for a place in the semifinal and the FIFA U17 World Cup in Chile.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Nigerians Don’t Deserve Me – Rapper, Vic O Says As He Quits Music
Forum | 3 days ago

Nigerians Don’t Deserve Me – Rapper, Vic O Says As He Quits Music

Nigerian Govt Places Ex-Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello on Watchlist
Forum | 3 days ago

Nigerian Govt Places Ex-Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello on Watchlist

Nigerian Army Troops Foil Kidnap Attempt, Neutralize Notorious Terrorist In Taraba
Forum | 4 days ago

Nigerian Army Troops Foil Kidnap Attempt, Neutralize Notorious Terrorist In Taraba

Nigerian Police Arrest Trigger-Happy Officer Who Shot Dead Businessman In Abia For Refusing To Give Bribe
Forum | 4 days ago

Nigerian Police Arrest Trigger-Happy Officer Who Shot Dead Businessman In Abia For Refusing To Give Bribe