Nigerian entertainers who won’t vote on February 14

Forum 9 years ago

Nigerian entertainers who won’t vote on February 14

In far flung locations across the world like London, Malaysia, Dubai and America where millions of Nigerians and Africans reside, Nigerian pop music reaches far into the hinterland, exciting several thousands and millions even.

As such, come Saturday, February 14, 2015, some of our pop stars will shun the Presidential elections in Nigeria to honour performance engagements in Europe.

Already in the eye of the storm is comedian Basketmouth whose annual comedy show falls on February 14 and according to the humour merchant: ‘Every Valentine’s Day for the past 6 years, Basketmouth Uncensored UK has held. Had I known 6 years ago that the general elections would hold on Valentine’s Day in 2015, I wouldn’t have signed the franchise. Home is where the heart belongs, God Bless Nigeria.’

Well, maybe Basketmouth didn’t try or push enough to have his show rescheduled because he had ample time to re-schedule his show if he was truly patriotic, because INEC announced the election dates on January 25, 2014, almost a year ago.

As it stands now, Basketmouth will be leading Nigerian stars like Wizkid, Olamide, Patoranking, Buchi,Osama,AjeBabaand others to the GT Bank-sponsored concert scheduled to hold at the famous Apollo Hall in London.

In an attempt to pacify his angry fans, Basketmouth has said that he’ll be in town early for the governorship elections slated for February 28. In his words: ‘It’s quite unfortunate I won’t be around for the presidential elections; my UK tour was signed and sealed way before the election date was announced. However I will be back in good time to participate in governorship election…. Finally fellow Nigerians, please ensure you collect your PVC so you can vote; not having it is like not having a visa and planning to fly to London. God bless Nigeria.’
[ads4]
In related developments, Lagbajamade a startling revelation a few days ago when he shared a photo of his PVC on Facebook with the caption: ‘Congratulations Nigeria! I don collect my Voter’s Card! Therefore… No 2nd Term for President Jonathan!’
Comedian, Bovi, on the other hand, has pledged his unflinching support for Goodluck Jonathan. He said just days ago with a simple post on Instagram: ‘As for me and my household, we are voting GEJ.’

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa
Forum | 2 days ago

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa

In Some Part Of Lagos, Friends Now Exchange Their Wives During Weekends - Nigerian Activist Claims
Forum | 2 days ago

In Some Part Of Lagos, Friends Now Exchange Their Wives During Weekends - Nigerian Activist Claims

List Of Nigerian Celebrities Prosecuted For Naira Mutilation
Forum | 3 days ago

List Of Nigerian Celebrities Prosecuted For Naira Mutilation

Nigerians Don’t Deserve Me – Rapper, Vic O Says As He Quits Music
Forum | 3 days ago

Nigerians Don’t Deserve Me – Rapper, Vic O Says As He Quits Music