Ronaldo & Messi would not have been the best in my time, says Figo

Forum 9 years ago

Ronaldo & Messi would not have been the best in my time, says Figo

Luis Figo believes Real Madrid attacker Cristiano Ronaldo and his Barcelona nemesis Lionel Messi would not have been the best players around during his time as a footballer.

The former Portugal international feels the Fifa Ballon d'Or holder and the Argentine forward are head and shoulders above everybody else at the moment, but has questioned whether this would also have been the case had they been playing in the 1990s and 2000s.

"If I were a manager I would try to sign Messi or Cristiano, two great players who are head and shoulders above the rest," Figo was quoted as saying by AS.

"But I was fortunate enough to play with some fantastic players - both in my teams and as opposition - who were quite possibly even better than Cristiano and Messi."

The former Madrid winger then went on to discuss this year's Champions League favourites and made it clear that he does not expect any surprises.
[ads4]
"The Champions League? This will be the year of either Real Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Chelsea..."
Figo also had his say on the Liga title race and he has little doubt either Barcelona or Madrid will emerge victorious again this term after Atletico Madrid's success last season.
"La Liga? There is certainly a clear domination by the two traditionally strong teams, Barca and Real Madrid."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Junior Pope: It’s Time To Prioritise Actors’ Welfare - Actress, Hilda Dokubo Says
Forum | 2 days ago

Junior Pope: It’s Time To Prioritise Actors’ Welfare - Actress, Hilda Dokubo Says

Top 10 Best Jason Statham Movies
Forum | 3 days ago

Top 10 Best Jason Statham Movies

3 Body Problem Season 2 Update Given by Creator: ‘Really Wild in the Best Possible Way’
Forum | 4 days ago

3 Body Problem Season 2 Update Given by Creator: ‘Really Wild in the Best Possible Way’

The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants Director Says ‘There Will Be Nudity’ in Animated Movie
Forum | 4 days ago

The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants Director Says ‘There Will Be Nudity’ in Animated Movie