Zidane on Pogba: The best always join Madrid

Forum 9 years ago

Zidane on Pogba: The best always join Madrid

Zinedine Zidane says "the best players always join Real Madrid in the end" after being quizzed over the club's reported interest in Juventus star Paul Pogba.
[ads4]
Juve director general Giuseppe Marotta admitted on Monday that the club could struggle to hold on to the 21-year-old because of the wages on offerat Europe's wealthiest clubs.

He also revealed that Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti's had already approached him regarding the France midfielder and said the Italian was telling 'white lies' after denying any interest in the player.
[ads4]
Zidane, who is now in charge of the club's Castilla side, himself insists he has made no attempt to convince his compatriot to move to Spain, but wouldn't be surprised to see a transfer unfold.

He toldAS: "I have not tried to convince Pogba to join Real Madrid because I don't know him on a personal level.
"But the best players always go to Madrid in the end."

If he was to join the club, Pogba would find competition in the form of Isco, who has emerged as one of Madrid's best performers this season.
Zidane has watched the Spain international at close quarters and paid him the ultimate compliment by comparing the 22-year-old to himself during his playing days.
"Isco is a bit like me on a technical level," Zidane was quoted as saying byAS. "The fans are loving him and he is going through a special moment.
"He is a first-team regular at the moment and he has proven to be a great buy."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
A Big Bold Beautiful Journey Cast: Phoebe Waller-Bridge & More Join Margot Robbie-Led Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

A Big Bold Beautiful Journey Cast: Phoebe Waller-Bridge & More Join Margot Robbie-Led Movie

Top 10 Best Jason Statham Movies
Forum | 3 days ago

Top 10 Best Jason Statham Movies

3 Body Problem Season 2 Update Given by Creator: ‘Really Wild in the Best Possible Way’
Forum | 4 days ago

3 Body Problem Season 2 Update Given by Creator: ‘Really Wild in the Best Possible Way’

Best Cockfight Movies and TV Shows
Forum | 5 days ago

Best Cockfight Movies and TV Shows