I will never vote for buhari for jailing my innocent father fela - seun kuti

Forum 9 years ago

I will never vote for buhari for jailing my innocent father fela - seun kuti

Though the clamour for the military man’s return to power as a civilian president is high in Lagos State more than other South Western states, the last son of the legendary Fela Anikulapo Kuti has exclusively told R that he has not quickly forgotten what his father suffered in the hands of General Mohammadu Buhari and the late Tunde Idiagbon when he was the former Military Head of State of Nigeria, and would therefore not vote for him.

Although, he was not categorical about voting for the incumbent, Goodluck Jonathan either.

Seun said:
“Truth is that I have no reason to give my vote to any of the two contestants, but more especially Buhari because of the eternal emotional damage he caused the Kuti family, especially me,” he said.

Barely three years on earth, Buhari jailed the late Afrobeat King on currency traffic king charge in 1984 and Seun did not really get to know Fela, his father, till the controversial musician died.

Seun lost his dad 10 years after and he was a little above 13 years when Fela died of HIV/AIDS in August 1997.

Seun, who recently arrived from a musical tour of Asia, said that rather than give his support to Jonathan or Buhari,

“I will only urge Nigerians, especially her youths, to come out enmasse to elect the ruler of their choice so that Nigeria’s democracy will continue to grow.

As for me though, I will never vote for Buhari because of what he did to my father. It is a personal grouse.

“Buhari denied me the chance of seeing my father in the early stage of my life. He arrested and detained Fela in Kirikiri for the same number of years I was growing up without a father, and even did not allow his family members to see him on a daily basis. He eventually jailed my father and I will always remember that. He jailed my innocent father on currency traffic king, but he is claiming to be a saint now".

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Father Arrested For Impersonating Son During UTME
Forum | 1 day ago

Father Arrested For Impersonating Son During UTME

JAMB arrests father writing exam for son
Forum | 1 day ago

JAMB arrests father writing exam for son

Father Calls Out Reno Omokri’s Brother For Alleged R3pe His Daughter Who Is A Minor
Forum | 1 day ago

Father Calls Out Reno Omokri’s Brother For Alleged R3pe His Daughter Who Is A Minor

Son Arrested For Faking His Own Kidnap To Extort Money From Father In Jigawa
Forum | 1 day ago

Son Arrested For Faking His Own Kidnap To Extort Money From Father In Jigawa