Sir Elton John saved me from drug addiction’ – Lady Gaga

Forum 9 years ago

Sir Elton John saved me from drug addiction’ – Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga was ‘saved’ by Sir Elton John.
The ‘Pokerface’ hitmaker – who battled a drug addiction for two years – has revealed how the ‘Candle In The Wind’ star helped her through the hard times.

She said: ‘It’s pretty messed up being friends with people who used to have drug and alcohol problems, like Elton.

‘He got me on the straight and narrow. He was telling me: ‘Gaga, you’re smoking too much’. He saved me.’
Lady Gaga – who is the godmother of Elton and his partner,David Furnish‘s sonElijah– has revealed that she realised she needed help for her addiction at her best friend,Bo O’Connor‘s wedding last year.

She said: ‘I’ve been friends with Bo for 20 years but when she got married I was her maid of honour.
‘I was going through a really hard time and I was high and I was f***ed up throughout her whole wedding.

‘For the rehearsals, for the planning, for the day – and I look back on that day and I remember it, but I’m really sorry I was f***ed up at her wedding because she deserved a sober maid of honour.’

Meanwhile, the 28-year-old singer has revealed that she is still on the road to recovery.
Speaking at her art RAVE tour in Sheffield, England as reported in the Sun newspaper, she said: ‘ I’m sober now.
[ads4]
Sometimes. Not always. Just when I’m on stage.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Suits: L.A. Pilot Cast Adds John Amos & More to Spin-off
Forum | 10 hours ago

Suits: L.A. Pilot Cast Adds John Amos & More to Spin-off

Lady Left In Shock After Her Father’s Side Chick Shares Video Of Them
Forum | 22 hours ago

Lady Left In Shock After Her Father’s Side Chick Shares Video Of Them

Lady In Shock As Man She Asked On A Date Invites Her To His Wedding
Forum | 1 day ago

Lady In Shock As Man She Asked On A Date Invites Her To His Wedding

NDLEA Has Sent Message To Drug Cartels With 50,901 Arrests, 9,034 Convictions – Marwa
Forum | 4 days ago

NDLEA Has Sent Message To Drug Cartels With 50,901 Arrests, 9,034 Convictions – Marwa